How to create ubuntu hardfloat rootfs for imx6d/q

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,

Here share the hardfloat rootfs making document and related pkgs, please feel free for download

best regards

Jack

Attachments
Comments

update the document

please use

$ dpkg -i --force-overwrite xserver-xorg-imx-viv_3.0.35-4.0.0_armhf.deb   

to replace the command mention in the documents

Just to say that I am working with a Wandboard with linaro ubuntu 12.04 LTS with John Weber's kernel (johnweber/linux · GitHub), but I was missing core libaries.  I followed these instructions and I can confirm:

• Working galcore/vivante (glmark2 looks great)
  • Working xorg with gnome desktop
  • Working VPU accelerated H.264 encoding
  • Working MIPI CSI2 video capture (this is the reason I started with John Weber's kernel)

Thanks for the great instructions!

Very nice description, a little bit long but very precise, thank you very much for sharing this.

You forgot to attach the xorg.conf file, in the docx there is a link to a file only. That file is on your hdd.

Where did you get the armhf binaries?

Probably we could build xserver-xorg-imx-viv_3.0.35-4.0.0_armhf.deb from sources,

but where did you get the gpu-viv_imx-3.0.35-4.0.0-armhf.deb from ?

I've checked the xorg.conf in how to create ubuntu hardfloat rootfs.docx but it seems be broken.

I have tested the Linaro precise Alip and ubuntu-desktop rootfs with the Vivante 3.0.35-4.0.0 xorg driver. When I start the glxgears/es2gears app with the Alip (LXDE) I get a black window instead of the rotating gears. But when I use the ubuntu-desktop (Unity) everything works fine. I also get the black window behavior when using xorg with the matchbox window manager ...

Did someone have the same behavior or does the glxgears/es2gears app on a desktop excepting Unity?

Updated

There are many samples in the GPU SDK packages, but can't pass the compile if you use the native compile, the make file need do some change. change the Makefile.x11  DEPS_TUT to

DEPS_TUT = -lGAL -lm -lGLESv1_CM -lEGL -lX11 -ldl -Wl,--no-as-needed -Wa,-mimpli

cit-it=thumb -lXext -lXdamage -lXfixes -L /usr/lib -lpthread

best regards

Jack     

Thanks,  I upload the xorg.conf  file, the deb files are built from the source code which release only binary file, the xorg deb should has source code in the release package, you could build it by youself, but a little complex

Dave McMordie,

can you post your working file system somewhere.  I am very interested in trying out your work.

Dr Data

Hi Dr,

Jas posted an image and blog post here:

Jas Hacks: I.MX6 - Ubuntu 13.04 with GPU acceleration

We also placed some Linaro Raring images on-line, though without GPU acceleration:

http://boundarydevices.com/linaro-raring-images-4-1-0-kernels-mx6/

We also have some notes about how to get VPU and gstreamer working:

http://boundarydevices.com/mx6-video-acceleration-raring-debian/

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎07-21-2013 10:58 PM
Updated by: