GStreamer i.MX6 Pipelines

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GStreamer i.MX6 Pipelines

Comments

Will the imx6 vpu encode and decode plugins work with gstreamer-1.0?

OtavioSalvador, can you help me answering ronsharp question from the Yocto point of view?

Leo

The biggest problem here is not the build system but the ABI used in the binary libraries. I doubt it'll work out of box so it might need a rebuild of the plugins which I doesn't know if it is doable or not.

Thanks. Yes, it will not work as gstreamer-1.0 has a different interface between plugins. I guess the question was when you will support gstreamer-1.0. It will require changes to the code. Alternately, do you offer the source so we can modify it? Also is there any general "gstreamer on IMX" documentation you can point me to other then this blog? Thanks for your support.

Ron

WangZening, do you know if there are plans to migrate the gst-fsl-plugin to support gstreamer 1.0?

ronsharp, the gst-fsl-plugin source code is available either with LTIB or Yocto. You can try the fsl-image-gui image with Yocto.  Once the image is built, the source code (on your host machine) is under build/tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/gst-fsl-plugin/. Yocto documentation is found here

ronsharp the interface with Gstreamer is Open Source; so please if you get it working with 1.0 share you code changes so we can integrate them in Yocto ;-)

Hi,

I am looking to use vpudec along with gstreamer 1.x plug ins. Please advise how we could I compile vpudec with gstreamer 1.x ? I have got gstreamer 1.x plugins cross compile, but dont know what to do for vpudec. I am using timesys build at the moment.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Alok

My transmitting device has a IMX6 q processor board .My goal is to transmit a video and simultaneously check for the range. The receiver also has the same configuration (IMX6Q)

gst-launch filesrc location=/root/tx/scripts/Bugsbunny.mpg blocksize=152064 ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)I420, width=352, height=288, framerate=(fraction)30/1' ! vpuenc codec=5 ! matroskamux ! udpsink host=HOST ADDRESS port=PORT NUMBER sync=false async=false

the output is like this:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

[INFO]  Product Info: i.MX6Q/D/S

vpuenc versions :smileyhappy:

plugin: 3.0.7

wrapper: 1.0.35(VPUWRAPPER_ARM_LINUX Build on Jun 17 2013 13:31:20)

vpulib: 5.4.12

firmware: 2.1.9.36350

Pipeline is PREROLLED ...

Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...

[INFO]  chromaInterleave 0, mapType 0, linear2TiledEnable 0

New clock: GstSystemClock

Got EOS from element "pipeline0".

Execution ended after 989845333 ns.

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

Setting pipeline to READY ...

Setting pipeline to NULL ...

Freeing pipeline ...

And then it exits.

Kindly suggest any changes.

Regards,

Polash

Regarding the previous question...

gst-launch filesrc location=/root/tx/scripts/Bugsbunny.mpg blocksize=152064 ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)I420, width=352, height=288, framerate=(fraction)30/1' ! vpuenc codec=12 ! matroskamux ! udpsink host=HOST ADDRESS port=PORT NUMBER sync=false async=false

That is what I tried but with same result.

Regards,

Polash

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎09-21-2012 12:26 PM
Updated by: