Fixing the Direction field for GPIOs on the I.MX V7 Pins Tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some processor’s GPIO settings on the i.MX Pins Tool version 7 may not show allow to select direction and just show an option “Input/Output” as shown. This will be fixed, but the settings can be changed on the local processor data as a workaround.

01.jpg

For more information and documentation for the Pins Tool for i.MX please visit its home page on the link below:

https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/pins-tool-for-i-mx-application-processors:PINS-TOOL-IMX

First, find where the Pins Tool data package is stored. To do this open the Pins Tool and click Help > About. On the About screen click the Details button. Take also note of the name of the package that needs to be fixed.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Go to the location where the data package is stored and find the processor data. The file that would need to be updated is signal_configuration.xml

05.jpg  

Find the GPIO pin data and change the directions from the string ““inOut”to the string “in out”. Then save this file.

06.jpg

Close and reopen the Pins Tool. The direction on the updated package should now show the options Input and Output.

07.jpg

Comments

jamesbone‌, Inge, cómo le va? Cómo está actualmente el proceso de documentos? Lleva rato que no está el Document Staging area? Los publicamos directo? Aquí está un draft por si tiene alguna retro.

nxf54947‌, Bio_TICFSL‌, nxf46838israelhernandezJoseLuisPacrez, would you please help me give a quick glance at the document and providing your feedback, if there's any? And afterwared, would you please provide your approval?

jamesbone‌, I went ahead and ask for feedback to the team, I also included you on the approval list.

Luis and Israel, I'm not sure I tagged you correctly, there was a warning that you may not have access. Has anyone tagged them correctly that may tell me what's going on?

Regards,

nxf63969‌ , sorry! Thanks Rubén for telling me how to look for the right Luis!

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎05-25-2020 09:32 AM
Updated by: