Android boot optimization - A new try on i.MX6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've done some research in Android boot optimization in the past months and have some getting. This page is for recording and sharing purpose only. It's target to provide some hints and directions for Android optimization.

It's NOT a Freescale official document or patch release. The code/doc inside is only for reference.

Background:

1. I've used SabreSD + Android KK 4.4.2 GA 1.0 as a reference platform.

2. I'm not doing some popular optimization way such as "hibernation", "suspend". I'm trying to "optimize" the boot process by re-arranging the boot process and make GUI related process run earlier and fine tune some boot code for running faster.

3. It's target to the Android IVI product. So, some features that will never be used in a IVI environment will be disabled or removed. Minor of them.

I've come out with a patch package (latest is milestone 4 which is "_m4" in the version for short) and  a training document.

I didn't find any confidential information from the patch or doc, so I'm open the sharing here.

Updated on 2016/01/08 for new version (milestone m5):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change log against previous (milestone 4) version:

1. BSP base changed to Android KK 4.4.3 GA 2.0 which has a Linux kernel 3.10.53

2. Linux kernel and uboot optimization added. Kernel boot time (POR -> Android init entry) is less than 1.5s.

3. Some bug fixes.

4. Document updated accordingly.

Total boot time tested on SabreSDP is about 8s.

Labels (3)
Attachments
Comments

Thank you for the provided summary!

However, the Sabre-SDB takes about 40s to boot the L5.0.0_1.0.0-ga.

Did you measure and optimize the Lollipop BSP as well?

Sorry, no, this is only for KK.

你好!

请问有没有android 4.4.2 的patch?  能不能发给我一下?

谢谢!

The previous version is for Android KK 4.4.2, but with some issue.

Suggest to try m5 which is originally for Android 4.4.3 on 4.4.2 since the framework change should be compatible. No kernel change in m4.

logcat show "BOOT FAILED making package manager ready" ,is there any side effect?

also when use disableNonCoreServices =true,it can not show launcher?

Don't try to use "disableNonCoreServices", the patch will do somethingg similar with this option. Setting it after applying the patch may have some conflict.

Regarding to the "BOOT FAILED making package manager ready", would you please upload full log?

你好,我板子uboot是放在spi nor里面,从spi nor 启动,怎样才能使用你的patch

Hi ,i just make  my kk4.4.3   as your method and it worked,but there is one question.

I add my touchscreen driver but Android don't hanve touch. Use 'getevent' can get touch event and the right coordinate and i add the righe idc file.Could yo make some suggestions for me,thanks very much.

What SoC do you use to implement the optimization? It is imx6q? imx6d? imx6dl?    thank you.

I used android-bootopt-m5-patch.tgz for Android KK 4.4.3 GA 2.0. And boot time 15s. But system has erro.

我根据 Android_User's_Guide.pdf 下载 Android KK 4.4.3 GA 2.0. 并使用patch后。开机时间在15秒左右。但是运行起来后系统会报错。无法继续运行。

1564988454(1).jpg微信截图_20190805150121.png

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎08-19-2015 06:58 PM
Updated by: