iMX6 imx-gst1.0-plugin

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 imx-gst1.0-plugin

andreas_eriksso
Contributor II

What is the state of iMX6 support regarding the imx-gst1.0-plugin and multimedia functionality. Is MX6 still supported and working for 5.10 kernel? I.e. MM_04.06.02_2108_L5.10.y

Regards,

Andreas

0 Kudos
3 Replies

andreas_eriksso
Contributor II

Ok, so after some digging I find that community projects almost exclusively use gstreamer-imx so I guess trying to build a yocto image using meta-imx would provide me with imx-gst1.0-plugins.

The reason I am asking is that I have an old application (3.10 kernel) using vpuenc/vpudec, this application enables the user to seek, fast forward, fast reverse and frame step backwards/forwards. I've tried this with the community gstreamer-imx but it seems it doesn't work at all.

Can you confirm if these use cases (reverse playback, frame stepping back/forward) works with imx-gst1.0-plugin for imx6q?

Best regards,

Andreas

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>Can you confirm if these use cases (reverse playback, frame stepping back/forward) works with imx-gst1.0-plugin for imx6q?

yes. Known issues are described in sect.7.5 Known issues and limitations for multimedia

i.MX Linux Release Notes

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andreas

> Is MX6 still supported and working for 5.10 kernel? I.e. MM_04.06.02_2108_L5.10.y

right, supported as described in  i.MX Linux Release Notes , Chapter 7  Multimedia   i.MX Linux User’s Guide​

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-gst1.0-plugin/?h=MM_04.06.02_2108_L5.10.y

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos