显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

Why IMX-MIPI-HDMI can only support up to 720p when use LCDIF on imx8MQ

跳至解决方案
2,512 次查看
xiaowei_zeng
Contributor III

In "i.MX8MQ EVK Display Selection Guide", it says when use IMX-MIPI-HDMI through LCDIF, it can only support up to 1280x720 60HZ

However, from the datasheet, LCDIF, MIPI and also the adv7535 on IMX-MIPI-HDMI all support 1920x1080 60HZ

So, I wonder the limitiation to 720p is cause by Linux driver or other factors? or some other factor in hardware?

Thanks.

标记 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
2,493 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>If the limition is the bandwidth, can I use a lower refresh frequency to avoid underflow?

yes

Best regards
igor

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
5 回复数
2,508 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Xiaowei

limitation is internal bandwidth (hardware), so in general one can use more resolution

but underruns may occur, depending on use case.

Best regards
igor

0 项奖励
回复
2,498 次查看
xiaowei_zeng
Contributor III

Hi, igor

Thanks your quick response.

You mentioned the limitation is internal hardware bandwidth.

As is known, DCSS->MIPI->IMX-MIPI-HDMI can support 1920x1080 60HZ, but LCDIF->MIPI->IMX-MIPI-HDMI cannot suppot well. Does it means that the limitiation is in LCDIF's bandwidth?

If the limition is the bandwidth, can I use a lower refresh frequency to avoid underflow? e.g. reduce the pixel clock frequency to 1080p 50HZ or lower? or do have other workaround to run 1080p?

Thanks in advance.

BR

Xiaowei

标记 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
2,494 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>If the limition is the bandwidth, can I use a lower refresh frequency to avoid underflow?

yes

Best regards
igor

0 项奖励
回复
809 次查看
Few
Contributor I

Hi @igorpadykov 

I am currently having problems getting a MIPI-LVDS bridge to work on the i.MX8MM with kernel 5.10.

Is this a limitation of the i.MX or only in combination with the MIPI HDMI bridge?

Thanks!

0 项奖励
回复
2,471 次查看
xiaowei_zeng
Contributor III

Thanks igor.

When I set pixel clock to not higher than 120MHz , about 48Hz, the output works well.

BR

Xiaowei

标记 (1)
0 项奖励
回复