i.MX Community Articles

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX Community Articles

NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The purpose of this Blog is to assist new users of the AppWizard to create and run their first project. The AppWizard is a tool for creating complete and ready-to-use emWin applications. The tool makes it very easy to build an application, manage resources and even define the application’s behavior.

Managing resources of an application is also made incredibly easy since the user simply has to add their resources to the project. All of the rest is done by the AppWizard, this means the user doesn’t have to fiddle around with dozens of resource files anymore.

pastedImage_1.png

Installation

You can find the download link for the Tool from the below link.

NXP emWin Libraries | NXP    

To install the AppWizard, simply run the setup wizard which will guide you through the installation. It comes with all required components without having to download nor install further tools.

pastedImage_7.png

Creating a new AppWizard project

1.    Run the SEGGER AppWizard from your desktop.

pastedImage_9.png

2.   Click Create a new project.

3.   Choose a Project path. Give your AppWizard project a name in the Project name field.
      Select a BSP for this project. Then click Ok.

pastedImage_10.png

Using the SEGGER AppWizard with NXP MCUXpresso

We have an Application Note Release Coming up which enables to Integration of the AppWizard Project with the MCU Xpresso Project,

To help you start up with the Integration I have created a basic reference project which has around 4 screens and switch whose press will help you switch between all the screens. Attached are the projects (MCUXpresso and Appwizard) for your further reference.

More
2 1 374
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

More products today include graphical user interfaces than ever before, and consumers have a growing expectation that they be visually appealing and intuitive to use. Luckily, NXP and its partners make the process of adding a GUI of any level of complexity to your product seamless.

EW_board-imxrt1050.png

NXP offers a broad portfolio of microcontrollers and crossover MCUs to address a variety of graphics applications. From GUIs that are simple yet powerful, to those that are advanced and graphically rich, NXP has a microcontroller to meet your requirements. While most NXP MCUs can support simple GUI peripherals, several device families are designed specifically for graphics applications with integrated features such as the PXP for 2D acceleration, and built in display interfaces and controllers.

Hardware is only half of the story though. The strong relationships that NXP has built with partners such as Crank Software, TARA Systems, Qt, and SEGGER, make using the embedded graphics software of your choice simple. NXP works closely with these partners and others, to ensure that NXP's MCUs and crossover MCUs are fully supported by optimized graphics engines.

With the release of MCUXpresso SDK v2.7, integrating graphics software into your embedded application will be more frictionless than ever before! Visit mcuxpresso.nxp.com on December 20th to download the latest SDK for the development board of your choice.

More
0 0 371
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The next generation of machine interfaces is here. As embedded technology evolves, NXP continues to innovate with technologies like cloud-based/local voice control and face recognition for secure access/authentication. Resources for these technologies are abundant, but how can NXP continue to offer an efficient, easy, and quick path to development for people who do not want to reinvent the wheel? How do we make it easier to innovate?

Enter NXP’s turnkey, production-grade IoT ML/AI edge computing solutions. NXP provides the option of an integrated approach to development, with solutions that include out-of-box hardware, software, schematics, layouts, documentation, certifications, and BOMs to enable developers to add sensor-based capabilities into their design easily and quickly. The advantage is a faster time to market with the ability to leverage popular services like the Alexa Voice Service for AWS IoT Core Integration or compute completely offline when it comes to face recognition, for instance. 

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

NXP's i.MX RT106A solution for Alexa Voice Service (AVS) is an example of a turnkey solution that has helped developers quickly add Alexa into their products, noted in devices like the Instinct™ smart light switch. The added support, software, and certifications dramatically reduced costs and helped realize the design in just under four months. 

SLN-ALEXA-IOT Solution Kit for Alexa Voice Service

Our vision is to simplify complex IoT integration challenges, focused on voice, vision, and acoustic event detection with integrated solutions that increase productivity and time to market. It is an exciting time within the Internet of Things space, and we at NXP are proud to be providing the tools and technology to allow people to innovate further and create the technology of tomorrow, today. 

More
0 0 256
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A lot of discussion recently has been around the i.MX RT1010 crossover MCU -and why not?  It is the latest and greatest achievement for high-end crossover MCUs.  But, you probably noticed that the i.MX RT1010 MCU left off some features in order to keep the cost low.  So, what if you need a high performance MCU with all the bells and whistles?

One of my favorite assets online is the i.MX RT Crossover MCU Fact Sheet, which includes a feature table for both the silicon and the EVKs.  A snippet of the silicon feature table is below and the entire fact sheet can be downloaded here: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/fact-sheet/IMXRTPORTFS.pdfhttps://www.nxp.com/docs/en/fact-sheet/IMXRTPORTFS.pdf

Table Excerpt.JPG

For customers looking for a feature-rich MCU to enable next-generation HMI design, the i.MX RT1060 is a great choice with features such as parallel camera interface, dedicated LCD controller (up to WXGA 1366x768) and the PXP for 2D graphics acceleration.   The PXP is a high-performance pixel processor capable of 1 pixel/clock performance for combined operations, such as color-space conversion, alpha blending, and rotation. The PXP is also enhanced with features specifically for gray scale applications. In addition, the PXP supports traditional pixel/frame processing paths for still-image and video processing applications.

The i.MX RT1060 is fully qualified and customers are shipping end products based on i.MX RT1060 this holiday season.  It is supported by the MCUXpresso Software and Tools and for a limited time, get started with the i.MX RT1060 EVK with this 20% off coupon.

For more information, please visit nxp.com/imxrt1060 or start your development now at nxp.com/MIMXRT1060-EVK.

Use coupon code MKTND94R for 20% off of the i.MX RT1060 EVK board from nxp.com.

MIMXRT1060-EVK angle.jpg

(Coupon is good for the purchase of 1 unit of MIMXRT1060-EVK through NXP.com and coupon expires Dec 31, 2019).

More
0 0 311