sabre SD android demo image: 'core' vs 'full' image difference?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sabre SD android demo image: 'core' vs 'full' image difference?

Jump to solution
chadrickkwag
Contributor II

I have downloaded "IMX6_L5.1_2.1.0_AND_DEMO_SD_BS.tar.gz" from the freescale imx6quad sabre SD(smart device) support webpage. It is said to contain demo images for android lollipop. (http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...)

The actual contents are divided into two directories:

- android_L5.1.1_2.1.0_full_image_6dqsabresd

- android_L5.1.1_2.1.0_core_image_6dqsabresd

i checked the contents of each directories and the only difference is size of the 'system.img' file. The one in the 'full image' directory is slightly higher. So it seems that the 'core' and 'full' image difference is solely due to the 'system.img' file.

Can someone help me understand the conceptual difference between 'core' and 'full' image that results in this difference? What makes 'full' image enriched compared to the 'core' version?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
chadrickkwag
Contributor II

my bad. didn't read enough

the difference is briefly mentioned in "android user's guide.pdf"(Document Number: AUG Rev. L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga, 01/2016) p.12 where table.8 gives a glimpse of the difference between the 'core' and 'full' image versions.

To quote:

*android_L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga_core_image_6qsabresd.tar.gz

The table below shows the prebuilt image for i.MX 6Dual/6Quad SABRE-SD board and platform and i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite SABRE-SD platform, which has basic Android features.

*android_L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga_full_image_6qsabresd.tar.gz

The table below shows the prebuilt image for i.MX 6Dual/Quad and i.MX6DualLite SABRE-SD board, which includes Freescale extended features. For more information and details about the Freescale Extended Feature Packages available for this release, see the AndroidTM Release Notes(ARN).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sywksmstkadlfgk
Contributor III

the difference is briefly mentioned in "android user's guide.pdf"(Document Number: AUG Rev. L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga, 01/2016) p.12 where table.8 gives a glimpse of the difference between the 'core' and 'full' image versions.

0 Kudos
chadrickkwag
Contributor II

To quote:

*android_L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga_core_image_6qsabresd.tar.gz

The table below shows the prebuilt image for i.MX 6Dual/6Quad SABRE-SD board and platform and i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite SABRE-SD platform, which has basic Android features.

*android_L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga_full_image_6qsabresd.tar.gz

The table below shows the prebuilt image for i.MX 6Dual/Quad and i.MX6DualLite SABRE-SD board, which includes Freescale extended features. For more information and details about the Freescale Extended Feature Packages available for this release, see the AndroidTM Release Notes(ARN).

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi chadrick kwag,

It's OK. Welcome to communicate in our coummunity i.MX Community . Most of our support engineers are here.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos