Should there be a command line after booting Android?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should there be a command line after booting Android?

savargaonkar123
Contributor I

Hey guys,

I have configured Android 9 for our custom board based on Sabresd board.It is booting properly, I am also able to see the android display.

But in the log I keep getting healthd status lines. There should be a command line after booting is complete right(Similar to Linux)?

I required the command line.

I am a novice and this is my first time dealing with AOSP, so please help in debugging this issue. 

Regards,

Himanshu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Himanshu,

After booting up you should be able to see a prompt on the console. However, sometimes there are messages on the console that may obscure this prompt. Are you cable to send an enter and enter commands or is the message shown persistent? While this is happening, is Android running correctly on the display?

Regards,

0 Kudos

savargaonkar123
Contributor I

I am not able to enter any command in the prompt. The heallthd message keeps the prompt busy. 

I found a question with the same issue as mine. Please check its log, it is same as mine. Question

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Himanshu,

Have you tried the fix on the following thread?

stop / hide unwanted messages in iMX8 

Regards,

0 Kudos

savargaonkar123
Contributor I

Hi gusarambula‌,

The solutions given in the other question rely on having a prompt in the first place. I am not able to enter any command after booting. So I cannot change my login level as suggested in the other question.

Regards,

Himanshu

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Himanshu,

The problem is that those messages from the services keep populating the prompt so there is no chance to enter any commands. I was looking at the thread you suggested and it would seem that you would need to make some changes to the services running like those mentioned here: https://community.nxp.com/thread/517067

Since you cannot do it through the command prompt you may change the init.rc and other files using adb to connect to the board while running Android. There are some threads that mention how to run adb, and while they are focused on our boards and BSP it should also work for AOSP.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

0 Kudos

savargaonkar123
Contributor I

The android is running correctly on the display.

0 Kudos