Labels (1)
17 Replies

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I've just run

$ vim conf/local.conf # to add the lines on local.conf
$ bitbake -c cleanall gputop #to make sure gputop would be built again

$ bitbake core-image-base # using another image so I'm sure it's not the image causing the build to success

Can you, please, test to clean gputop and try the build again?

I'm using the following build config:

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION = "1.44.0"
BUILD_SYS = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING = "ubuntu-18.04"
TARGET_SYS = "aarch64-poky-linux"
MACHINE = "imx8mqevk"
DISTRO = "fsl-imx-xwayland"
DISTRO_VERSION = "5.4-zeus"
TUNE_FEATURES = "aarch64 cortexa53 crc crypto"
TARGET_FPU = ""
meta
meta-poky = "HEAD:cba967414370e195d109353e51510bd829aa86c3"
meta-oe
meta-multimedia
meta-python = "HEAD:9e60d30669a2ad0598e9abf0cd15ee06b523986b"
meta-freescale = "HEAD:c2a0d924f6200eea1fb1d1b61e7420ea5da2f8fb"
meta-freescale-3rdparty = "HEAD:dbcc686f52c3c84db8cb86aa8973a4e373651b98"
meta-freescale-distro = "HEAD:ca27d12e4964d1336e662bcc60184bbff526c857"
meta-bsp
meta-sdk
meta-ml = "HEAD:a083ffbbc3f4d1c02b1542746784d7f641a75b60"
meta-browser = "HEAD:5f365ef0f842ba4651efe88787cf9c63bc8b6cb3"
meta-rust = "HEAD:a012a1027defe28495f06ed522a7a82bdd59a610"
meta-gnome
meta-networking
meta-filesystems = "HEAD:9e60d30669a2ad0598e9abf0cd15ee06b523986b"
meta-qt5 = "HEAD:b8bcf8cb576d072f435a0177375e54424f67d1c9"
meta-python2 = "HEAD:231c3d74cfcf734c3415e86ea8dd97f73ddced9d"

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have tested to build imx-5.4.24-2.1.0 using bitbake imx-image-full and everything worked fine.

I'm now going to test using exactly the same you did

0 Kudos

diego_dorta
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manivannan,

It should work normally, but we never tested on 8MQ. Feel free to use it and if you face any issues, please let us know :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Diego

manizillion
Contributor IV

Hi Diego , Thanks for the reply i do get this following error when tried to install eiq.

imx8mqevk:/pyeiq# pip install eiq
Collecting eiq
Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/2c/15/64fdd119632bfe42391b2b9dc8d706045ac0d428a30e34f7986b35...
Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/tmp/pip-install-lmYZy_/eiq/setup.py", line 16, in <module>
with open(os.path.join(this_directory, 'README.md'), encoding='utf-8') as f:
TypeError: 'encoding' is an invalid keyword argument for this function

----------------------------------------
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-lmYZy_/eiq/

0 Kudos

diego_dorta
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manivannan,

Could you please send to us the BSP, python and pip version you are using it?

nxf60449‌, please check this thread later when Manivannan send the versions :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Diego

0 Kudos

manizillion
Contributor IV

Hi Diego, Thanks for the reply..

imx8mqevk:/# python --version
Python 2.7.16

imx8mqevk:/# pip --version
pip 18.0 from /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip (python 2.7)

i have meta-fsl-bsp-release with 4.19.35 kernel and vivante driver integrated in the build.

Regards

Mani

0 Kudos

diego_dorta
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manivannan,

As Manish said, you must use a newer BSP version. See the post for more details.

Usually, pip is a symbolic link that points to the newer/most used pip tool in the system. In this case, it is pointing to pip (python 2.7), so use pip3 instead of pip to install the PyeIQ package:

# pip3 install eiq

Diego

manizillion
Contributor IV

Hi Diego,

Can i add this in local conf ? to include eiq installation, or it has to manually installed ? would like to know what else should be added in local conf for the gpu execution support.

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "eiq"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL = "python3 python-pip"
0 Kudos

diego_dorta
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

DaianeAngolini‌, could you please help Manivannan?

Thanks,

Diego

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sure, Diego. Thanks for the mention.

Manivannan, it depends on the image you are using. Some image provides the eiq artifacts already, it's the case of imx-image-full.bb, you can see here that this image includes everything from image imx-image-multimedia and it also includes the packagegroup-imx-ml which is a list of all the eiq available packages.

So, if you want to use any other image, and want o make sure all the available eiq packages are installed, you can  use:

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "packagegroup-imx-ml "

And all the dependencies (such as python) are automatically included to fulfill the dependency chain.

In case you prefer to choose an specific eiq package, you can see here the list of available, and install only the desired ones such as:

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL +="pyarmnn  tensorflow-lite"

Please let me know if there is anything unclear. And please let me know your goal as I might have missed the point somehow.

manizillion
Contributor IV

Hi Daiane,

I followed your steps on imx8mqevk, But get these errors in nn-imx_1.0.4.bb:do_compile, nn-imx is failing.

Is this layer not compatible with imx8mqevk ?

ops/vsi_nn_op_shufflechannel.c: In function 'op_compute':

| ops/vsi_nn_op_shufflechannel.c:342:5: error: unknown type name 'vx_nn_reorg_params_ext2_t'; did you mean 'vx_nn_reorg_params_ext_t'?
|   342 |     vx_nn_reorg_params_ext2_t param;
|       |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|       |     vx_nn_reorg_params_ext_t
| ops/vsi_nn_op_shufflechannel.c:347:30: error: 'vx_nn_reorg_params_ext2_t' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'vx_nn_reorg_params_ext_t'?
|   347 |     memset(&param, 0, sizeof(vx_nn_reorg_params_ext2_t));
|       |                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|       |                              vx_nn_reorg_params_ext_t
| ops/vsi_nn_op_shufflechannel.c:347:30: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
| ops/vsi_nn_op_shufflechannel.c:365:10: error: request for member 'base' in something not a structure or union
|   365 |     param.base.block_size = REQUIRED_IO(block_size_tensor);
|       |          ^
| ops/vsi_nn_op_shufflechannel.c:367:10: error: request for member 'base' in something not a structure or union
|   367 |     param.base.type = VX_REORG_SHUFFLE_CHANNEL;
|       |          ^
| ops/vsi_nn_op_shufflechannel.c:367:23: error: 'VX_REORG_SHUFFLE_CHANNEL' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'VSI_NN_OP_SHUFFLECHANNEL'?
|   367 |     param.base.type = VX_REORG_SHUFFLE_CHANNEL;
|       |                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|       |                       VSI_NN_OP_SHUFFLECHANNEL
| ops/vsi_nn_op_shufflechannel.c:368:10: error: request for member 'axis' in something not a structure or union
|   368 |     param.axis = &self->nn_param.shufflechannel.axis;
|       |          ^
| ops/vsi_nn_op_shufflechannel.c:369:10: error: request for member 'num_group' in something not a structure or union
|   369 |     param.num_group = &self->nn_param.shufflechannel.group_number;
|       |          ^
| /home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/nn-imx/1.0.4-r0/git/common.target:99: recipe for target 'bin_r/vsi_nn_op_shufflechannel.o' failed
| make[2]: *** [bin_r/vsi_nn_op_shufflechannel.o] Error 1
| make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
| make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/nn-imx/1.0.4-r0/git/ovxlib/src'
| /home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/nn-imx/1.0.4-r0/git/common.node:32: recipe for target 'src' failed
| make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
| make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/nn-imx/1.0.4-r0/git/ovxlib'
| makefile:15: recipe for target '/home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/nn-imx/1.0.4-r0/git/ovxlib' failed
| make: *** [/home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/nn-imx/1.0.4-r0/git/ovxlib] Error 2
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
|
ERROR: Task (/home/sarath/agljellyfish/bsp/meta-imx/meta-ml/recipes-libraries/nn-imx/nn-imx_1.0.4.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
Waiting for 2 running tasks to finish:
0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm not sure which of my instructions have you run. Would you, please, describe:

which is the BSP release version you've installed?

Which is the image you bitbake?

Which is the content of local.conf

thanks in advance

0 Kudos

manizillion
Contributor IV

For imx8mqevk, I have added these two lines in local.conf

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "imx-test gputop "

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "packagegroup-imx-ml "

added meta-ml meta-sdk layers in 5.4 bsp to build

Also gputop related license checksum errors are coming p.

ERROR: Task (/home/sarath/agljellyfish/bsp/meta-imx/meta-sdk/recipes-graphics/libgpuperfcnt/gputop_6.4.0.p2.4.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
WARNING: ml-security-1.0.2-r0 do_populate_lic: Could not copy license file /home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/ml-security/1.0.2-r0/ml-security/COPYING to /home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/ml-security/1.0.2-r0/license-destdir/ml-security/COPYING: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/ml-security/1.0.2-r0/ml-security/COPYING'
ERROR: ml-security-1.0.2-r0 do_populate_lic: QA Issue: ml-security: LIC_FILES_CHKSUM points to an invalid file: /home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/ml-security/1.0.2-r0/ml-security/COPYING [license-checksum]
ERROR: ml-security-1.0.2-r0 do_populate_lic: Fatal QA errors found, failing task.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/ml-security/1.0.2-r0/temp/log.do_populate_lic.30981
ERROR: Task (/home/sarath/agljellyfish/bsp/meta-freescale/recipes-security/ml-security/ml-security_1.0.2.bb:do_populate_lic) failed with exit code '1'
WARNING: libgpuperfcnt-6.4.0.p2.4-r0 do_populate_lic: Could not copy license file /home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/libgpuperfcnt/6.4.0.p2.4-r0/libgpuperfcnt-6.4.0.p2.4/COPYING to /home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/libgpuperfcnt/6.4.0.p2.4-r0/license-destdir/libgpuperfcnt/COPYING: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/libgpuperfcnt/6.4.0.p2.4-r0/libgpuperfcnt-6.4.0.p2.4/COPYING'
ERROR: libgpuperfcnt-6.4.0.p2.4-r0 do_populate_lic: QA Issue: libgpuperfcnt: LIC_FILES_CHKSUM points to an invalid file: /home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/libgpuperfcnt/6.4.0.p2.4-r0/libgpuperfcnt-6.4.0.p2.4/COPYING [license-checksum]
ERROR: libgpuperfcnt-6.4.0.p2.4-r0 do_populate_lic: Fatal QA errors found, failing task.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/sarath/agljellyfish/build/tmp/work/aarch64-agl-linux/libgpuperfcnt/6.4.0.p2.4-r0/temp/log.do_populate_lic.32165
ERROR: Task (/home/sarath/agljellyfish/bsp/meta-imx/meta-sdk/recipes-graphics/libgpuperfcnt/libgpuperfcnt_6.4.0.p2.4.bb:do_populate_lic) failed with exit code '1'

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm running a build right now in order to try to reproduce the error.

Regarding the check sum error, try to clean gputop and try again, it might have faced a problem trying to download 2 different versions

bitbake -c cleanall gputop

0 Kudos

manish_bajaj
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

manizillion@gmail.com‌,

PYeIQ is enabled with new BSP release 5.4.x and is not supported with older BSP release version.

-Manish

manizillion
Contributor IV

Hi Manish,

Can you share the link for the new bsp releases.

0 Kudos

Alifer_Moraes
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello manizillion@gmail.com‌,

As Diego said, PyeIQ was designed to work with Python 3 and BSP 5.4.24

You can find the latest version of the BSP here: Embedded Linux for i.MX Applications Processors | NXP 

Alifer