cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eIQ sample application error in 4.19.35_1.1.0

massimomartelli
Contributor I

Hello,

I have the following error when using the examples from the SDK binaries and the i.mx8MQ EVK:

root@imx8mqevk:/usr/share/OpenCV/samples/bin# ./example_dnn_object_detection -width=1024 -height=1024 -scale=0.00392 -input=dog416.png -rgb -zoo=models.yml yolo
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cv::Exception'
what(): OpenCV(4.0.1) /usr/src/debug/opencv/4.0.1.imx-r0/git/modules/highgui/src/window.cpp:610: error: (-2:Unspecified error) The function is not implemented. Rebuild the library with Windows, GTK+ 2.x or Cocoa support. If you are on Ubuntu or Debian, install libgtk2.0-dev and pkg-config, then re-run cmake or configure script in function 'cvNamedWindow'

Aborted

I flashed the full image "imx-image-full-imx8mqevk.sdcard".

It's a build error, I believe the sample was built without windowing system support.  Am I right?
See:

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/opencv-imx/tree/modules/highgui/src/window.cpp?h=4.0.1_im...   @line 610 we are really falling in the “#else // No windowing system present at compile time ;-(

How shall I fix it?

Thanks, best regards

Massimo

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

vanessa_maegima
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi massimomartelli‌,

It's a build error, I believe the sample was built without windowing system support.  Am I right?

I guess that's indeed the issue. Can I suggest you to rebuild your image with OpenCV Qt support?

Add to local.conf:

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-opencv_mx8 = " dnn python2 qt5 jasper openmp test neon"

Let me know how this works.

Vanessa

0 Kudos

MengJu_Lin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

vanessamaegima

I have a similar issue when running the demo on i.MX8M Mini EVK with L4.19.35_1.1.0.

Below is the error message when I run "Image classification" demo.

"root@imx8mmevk:/usr/share/OpenCV/samples/bin# ./example_dnn_classification --input=dog416.png --zoo=models.yml squeezenet
terminate called after throwing a[ 125.249087] audit: type=1701 audit(1584460803.812:3): auid=4294967295 uid=0 gid=0 ses=4294967295 pid=4031 comm="example_dnn_cla" exe="/usr/share/OpenCV/samples/bin/example_dnn_classification" sig=6 res=1
n instance of 'cv::Exception'
what(): OpenCV(4.0.1) /usr/src/debug/opencv/4.0.1.imx-r0/git/modules/highgui/src/window.cpp:610: error: (-2:Unspecified error) The function is not implemented. Rebuild the library with Windows, GTK+ 2.x or Cocoa support. If you are on Ubuntu or Debian, install libgtk2.0-dev and pkg-config, then re-run cmake or configure script in function 'cvNamedWindow'

Aborted
root@imx8mmevk:/usr/share/OpenCV/samples/bin#

"

I did modify local.conf

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-opencv_mx8 = " dnn python3 qt5 jasper test"

Do I miss anything?

0 Kudos

vanessa_maegima
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Meng,

Could you please share the complete local.conf file?

Thanks,
Vanessa

0 Kudos

MengJu_Lin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The attached file is my local.conf

0 Kudos

vanessa_maegima
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Meng,

Could you please replace the opencv append line with this one and rebuild your image?

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-opencv_mx8 = " gtk jasper test"

To clean the opencv package and rebuild the image:

bitbake -c cleanall opencv

bitbake imx-image-full

It seems like Qt5 windowing system was not enabled correctly so let's try GTK.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Vanessa

0 Kudos

MengJu_Lin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

vanessamaegima

it is working using GTK instead.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos

vanessa_maegima
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Meng,

Great to hear that GTK works. Thanks for letting me know.

0 Kudos

massimomartelli
Contributor I

I will do it in the next couple of days. 

Can you please confirm if this is the expected behavior with the NXP prebuilt binaries?

I used imx-image-full-imx8mqevk.sdcard from "L4.19.35_1.1.0_images_MX8MQEVK.zip".

Thanks, best regards

Massimo

0 Kudos

vanessa_maegima
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is not expected in prebuilt binaries however Qt5 support might be missing in OpenCV in our image. I'll try to check that on my side as well.

0 Kudos