Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zigbee rejoin

Jump to solution
wangqi
Contributor II

Hi,

I want to ask a question about the  Rejoin of zigbee devices. I use JN5169 zigbee3.0. The device is a HA door sensor, and there is only one door sensor in the gateway.

After the gateway is powered off for a period of time, the door sensor will become an orphan node, and then Rejoin the network every 16 minutes.

The gateway is powered off first. After the door sensor becomes an orphan node,  Power on the gateway.  The door sensor start Rejoin the network (the distance between the gateway and the door sensor is very close), but the first Rejoin is basically unsuccessful, and It takes more than two times to Rejoin the network successfully. two screenshots of the packet capture are attached. Can you help me see it?

Thanks

WechatIMG1257.png

WechatIMG1256.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The ZPS_eAplZdoTransportNwkKey will also reset the frame counter on the target node(s). I am not sure if the frame counter could be the issue, please look at the ZPS_tsAplApsKeyDescriptorEntry

Please look at the C. Implementation of Frame Counters. It could help you to understand the frame counter implementation.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/JN-UG-3113.pdf

Regards,

Mario

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wangqi,

The best way is to change the time in the end device side. the SED needs to send a keep-alive command.

However, you have to read out the value that the other device is sharing with the parent or you could read out the NIB values and change this time. By default, in our stack, The Router initially sets the timeout for all EndDevice children to the default value defined in the NIB.

ZPS_psAplZdoGetNib API https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/JN-UG-3113.pdf

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos
wangqi
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Sorry for the late reply!

This is a good way, thanks! But we think that our door sensor sensor cannot REJOIN in time because the value of the APS frame counter is incorrect after power off and restart.

Where can I modify the APS frame counter when transmitting the Transport Key, or how to modify the initial value of the APS frame counter when the gateway is powered on again.

Regards,

Wangqi

0 Kudos
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The ZPS_eAplZdoTransportNwkKey will also reset the frame counter on the target node(s). I am not sure if the frame counter could be the issue, please look at the ZPS_tsAplApsKeyDescriptorEntry

Please look at the C. Implementation of Frame Counters. It could help you to understand the frame counter implementation.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/JN-UG-3113.pdf

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos
wangqi
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Our problem is solved, thank you very much for your support!

Regards,

Wangqi

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wangqi,

I hope you are doing great.

What is the timeout that the SED is setting?

You could set the timeout using the ZPS_bAplAfSetEndDeviceTimeout function.  ZigBee 3.0 Stack User Guide

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos
wangqi
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

This is the case. The door sensor of this HA1.2 belongs to another company. We are on the gateway side, so we can only modify it from the gateway side. Do you have any good suggestions?

Regards,

Wangqi

0 Kudos
admin-23
Contributor I

Friend! Do you can write, how you solve the problem? I have this problem with xiaomi door sensors and zigate (based on jn5169 zigbee pro) firmware..

0 Kudos
wangqi
Contributor II

Hi! This is because the gateway's FrameCounter is smaller than the device's. You can try adding FrameCounter when the gateway starts up.

0 Kudos