sniffer for thread

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sniffer for thread

Edward5
Contributor I
Hi NXP, I have some OM15080-K32W dongle. I am using them in Thread wireless network, typically as a Border Router, can it also be used as packet sniffer for thread? with Wireshark or ubiqua ? I noticed that the USB-KW41Z can be used as a packet sniffer with Wireshark: https://www.nxp.com.cn/document/guide/get-started-with-the-usb-kw41z:NGS-USB-KW41Z I have some 5169 dongle,too. but it seems like it can get zigbee packet only . Can you share a way to get the thread packet? Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To add also that recent versions of the KPAA Protocol Analyzer Adapter windows tool (latest version 2.0.4.1) introduced support for simple tunneling of 802.15.4 packets from the OM15080-K32W or OM15080-JN5189 running sniffer firmware into a Wireshark instance in order to do Thread packet capture. 

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Edward5,

I hope you are doing great.

Thread is based on IEEE® 802.15.4 MAC and PHY operating in the 2.4 GHz open radio frequency band. So in this case, it is part of the encryption and the application layer, in this case, Ubiqua provides the support to capture the Thread Traffic.

mario_castaneda_0-1615404887821.png

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos