cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kw36 multiple connection demo

shawn_123
Contributor I

hi,dear NXP expert

i have a KW36 Freedom board. and i want to have a test to verify how many client(smartphone ble apps) can connect to the KW36 simutaneously. i have find some info from the nxp community says that:the temperature collector/sensor can do this,but i have only one board, is there any other demo to implement such a test, or give some idea about how to coding use a existing demo to realize. really appreciate your help and tips. 

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

To enable the multiple connections in the example sou can follow the next guides:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12414.pdf 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN12405.pdf 

The example I would recommend you to check is the Wireless UART as it already has support for multiple devices that can be either mobile phones or another board, also , please check the Bluetooth LE Demo Applications User's Guide, which is available in the documentation of the SDK.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

shawn_123
Contributor I

hi,thank you so much for you info.

i have one kw36 board according to the doc:AN12405.pdf i changed the code as the doc implied. and find one place may be a little puzzled as below redbox encircled.

the mActiveDevices is not declared when i use the redbox code exactly when building, i think it should changed to variable mActiveConnections. i have change it to mActiveConnections,and flashed the project on kw36 freedom board.and used 2 android phone running a BLE scanner.after input the pin it can be connected. press the SW2 button can be connected by another android phone.

it seems work right. please help to verify if mActiveDevices should be altered with mActiveConnections, thanks you still.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

But if you are using two android phones, have you tried the Wireless UART? it already has implemented the multiple connection for 2 devices and you can use the IOT Toolbox mobile application so you do not have to develop your own application to test the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos