frdm kw40z and frdm tfc shield

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

baisravanhomcha
Contributor I

Hi, I am new to this and I want to know if frdm kw40z is compatible with frdm tfc shield... I need wireless connectivity and frdm kw40z seems to be the best option.. Thank you..

0 Kudos
6 Replies

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Baisravan,

Yes, they should be pin compatible as any FRDM board. Nevertheless, there is not any code example available interfacing them. I guess you could control the FRDM KW40z using serial commands and transmit whatever you need to.

Please just notice FRM KW40z board is still not available until later this year, so you will not able to purchase it at the moment. Please visit Freescale website in the next few months for any updates.

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

baisravanhomcha
Contributor I

Thank you for the response. Is there any freescale board that has wireless connectivity available now?? we are looking for application mobile robotics and hence some addition sensors (which kw40z has) on board would be helpful. Thank you.

To: Baisravan HomChaudhuri <baisravan@yahoo.co.in>

Sent: Wednesday, 1 July 2015 9:30 PM

Subject: Re: - frdm kw40z and frdm tfc shield

|

|

reply from AngelC in Wireless Connectivity - View the full discussionHello Baisravan, Yes, they should be pin compatible as any FRDM board. Nevertheless, there is not any code example available interfacing them. I guess you could control the FRDM KW40z using serial commands and transmit whatever you need to.  Please just notice FRM KW40z board is still not available until later this year, so you will not able to purchase it at the moment. Please visit Freescale website in the next few months for any updates. Regards,AngelC

Did your question get answered? If so, say thanks by clicking Correct Answer in the community thread!

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Freescale Community

Start a new discussion in Wireless Connectivity by email or at Freescale Community

Following frdm kw40z and frdm tfc shield in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Freescale Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Freescale Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences |

|

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Dear Baisravan,

Please take a look at KW2x solutions. They support 802.15.4 and ZigBee implementation in 2.4Ghz band. Nevertheless, none of the evaluation boards available contain an accelerometer or sensors. A FRDM-type board for these devices will be released in Q3 timeframe as well.

Link: www.freescale.com/kw2x

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

baisravanhomcha
Contributor I

Hi,

We are looking for data sharing between two mobile robots and thus how about FRDM 64F (http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FRDM-K64F) with nRF24L01+ Nordic 2.4GHz Radio module? The FRDM 64F has accelarometers and magnetometers and has RF and bluetooth capability. With the RF communication, communication between other frdm64f boards would be possible. FRDM 64F is available now. Do you think it is a valid solution?

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Baisravan,

Please check the board’s pinout specification and verify they are compatible. By default, they all should be pin-compatible, but I am not familiars with the peripherals used by the TFC board and if those will have interference with Arduino board. You could check that by checking the corresponding documentation.

Moreover, I am not familiar with Nordic’s device. All I could see is that is not recommended for new designs. Anyway, at the end, it will all depend in the way you interface them. If there is a way to control the transceiver via Ethernet, SPI, I2C or similar, then yes you could integrate both solutions. Please just keep in mind this is totally application-specific and thus its development is up to the user.

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

baisravanhomcha
Contributor I

Thank you for all the help. One last question, we already have frdm kl25z and frdm tfc shield (the freescale cup car). To enable wireless communication we can add arduino wifi shield on it. Do you think adding an arduino wifi shield would be possible with pin compatibility. I have seen projects with  frdm kl25z and arduino wifi shield but not sure if frdm tfc shield is connected to frdm kl25z, we would be able to connect arduino wifi shield to it.

To: Baisravan HomChaudhuri <baisravan@yahoo.co.in>

Sent: Friday, 3 July 2015 6:23 PM

Subject: Re: - frdm kw40z and frdm tfc shield

|

|

reply from AngelC in Wireless Connectivity - View the full discussionDear Baisravan, Please take a look at KW2x solutions. They support 802.15.4 and ZigBee implementation in 2.4Ghz band. Nevertheless, none of the evaluation boards available contain an accelerometer or sensors. A FRDM-type board for these devices will be released in Q3 timeframe as well.  Link: www.freescale.com/kw2x

Regards,AngelC

Did your question get answered? If so, say thanks by clicking Correct Answer in the community thread!

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Freescale Community

Start a new discussion in Wireless Connectivity by email or at Freescale Community

Following frdm kw40z and frdm tfc shield in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Freescale Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Freescale Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences |

|

0 Kudos