cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build and flash the openThread stack on FRDM-KW41Z

aymane_lakhal
Contributor II

Hello,

I want to use the OpenThread stack on the FRDM-KW41Z, I started by building and generating 
the binary files, thereafter I flashed the binary file on FRDM-KW41z through (PE micro) 
Test Tool (nxp), when I want to connect to the bus uart (ttyACM0) to control the communication 
of Thread nothing happens as expected,
openthread/examples/platforms/kw41z at master · openthread/openthread · GitHub 
binary file as attachment,

Best regards,
Aymane
Labels (3)
Tags (2)
7 Replies

aymane_lakhal
Contributor II

Hello,

Yes, I'm sure it's him is the good port used, indeed I have this port that is added after the
flash in /dev/tty*,

Regards,

Aymane

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

As those examples were not developed by NXP, I would recommend you to check and ask directly to the developers of the open thread stack as mentioned here  

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

aymane_lakhal
Contributor II

Hello,

thank you for your feedback,

I find the well UART port (/dev/ttyACM0) after the flash of the binary file,
eventually I connect to this port, but I don't see anything and  I can't write anything in the terminal,

Regards,
Aymane
0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

But are you sure that it's the one of the board you are using? Sometimes it gets enumerated in a different way. 

Regards, 
Estephania 

0 Kudos

aymane_lakhal
Contributor II

Hello,

no, the binary file (.bin) is correctly flashed with 'Firmware Loader', and it demand me to unplug and plug the board, I tested to flash other binary file for other appli for example 'examples_bluetooth_wireless_uart' and it well worked.

Regards,

Aymane

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

So, when you mention that nothing happens as expected, do you mean that you can't connect to the UART terminal? Or that you do not see anything or can't write something in the terminal? Are you sure you are opening the correct COM port? 

It is most likely that you can find the solution to your questions by asking directly to the developers of the open thread stack as mentioned here 

Regards, 
Estephania 

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Do you have an error in the Test Tool when flashing the files ? 

Regards, 
Estephania 

0 Kudos