Zigbee device lost in zigbee network for no reason

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zigbee device lost in zigbee network for no reason

Contributor II

Hello, we are using JN5169 chip to develop products. Recently, there is a problem in our zigbee system, that is, terminal products occasionally fall out of network.At present, we do not know what causes it to leave the net for no reason.I would like to ask if you have any good ideas about analyzing this problem, or what are the common reasons that cause the device to lose the connection?I hope you can give me some guidance.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I hope you're doing well!

There could be different factors causing the End Devices to sometimes disconnect from the network. For example, if the connection between the devices is unstable, or physically obstructed, the device could lose connection and cause it leave the network.

Are your End Devices able to reconnect after they leave the network?

Could you please provide a sniffer log of the sudden disconnections?

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Thank you for your recovery.When I was testing, I didn't find this condition, but I found that there was a device missing in the customer's home.I don't know how to find and verify this thing.And the routing device is down.Therefore, I would like to know whether the routing device will drop the connection and leave the network in zigbee3.0. If there is such a phenomenon, it is probably caused by some reason. At the same time, is there any solution to know the device drops the connection and let the device join the network by itself?

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

When a device leaves a network, it should generate a Leave Indication event after some failed attempts to communicate with it, or if the device is issued a leave request.

This event can be used to determine the moment a node leaves the network, so a specific action or process can be followed after it happens.

More information about this event can be found in the ZigBee 3.0 Stack User's guide, which can be found here.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos