Zigbee Cluster Library,Network Rejoining with Non Volatile Memory?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zigbee Cluster Library,Network Rejoining with Non Volatile Memory?

Jump to solution
manuelbaez
Contributor II

Good Morning,

I'm working on a dimmable lamp, i've used a beekit preset and it works but i have a problem with the network rejoin.

What i want to do is make it remember the previous network, in way that  when  power out the lamp, once the power is back, it automatically  rejoin into the network.

I've seen that the beekit preset have a section in the code dedicated to storage data in the  NVM, but i  don't know how to use it.

So want to know is which data I need to storage in the NVM and how i do it , to make a network rejoin?.

The microcontroller i’m using is MC13237CHT.

Best regards,

Manuel Báez

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Manuel,

I ran the Ha Dimmable LIght (Coordinator) and Switch (Router) demo applications and everything works Ok. Once the boards are programmed, start the commissioning process and then go to the run mode in both boards. If you don't know if the NVM module has devices stored please long press the SW2 to reset to factory defaults.

(From the ZigBee applications user's guide):

zaug.jpg

Once the demo is working, reset one MCU, since the initial mode is configuration you need to long press the SW1 to go to the run mode again, it should be working without repeating the commissioning process.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,

Earl.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
cosmingrumei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuel,

Assuming you are using codebase 3.1.1, in the case of the Ha Dimmable Light demo application, with the default configuration, it should be enough to set the gNvStorageIncluded_d define to TRUE for an existing project, or check the option "Non-Volatile Memory" when creating the project in BeeKit.

After a device joins a network the stack will automatically save all the required network information into NVM. At startup the Ha Dimmable Light demo application will check if the device was previously on a network and, if that is the case, use the NVM information to silently rejoin the network. This way the device should automatically resume normal operation once the power is back on.

In the demo application the code for rejoining the network with NVM is located at the end of the BeeAppInit() function in BeeApp.c, where the ZDO_Start() function is called.

Best Regards,

Cosmin.

0 Kudos
manuelbaez
Contributor II

Hi Cosmin,

Thanks for answering my question,

I've tried that but the first time i restart the device, it just seems like it has successfully connected to the network but it doesn't, the second time it just do nothing. I don't know i there is any way to know if the data saved is wrong or not, but if there is, i would like to know it.

Best Regards,

Manuel

0 Kudos
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Manuel,

I ran the Ha Dimmable LIght (Coordinator) and Switch (Router) demo applications and everything works Ok. Once the boards are programmed, start the commissioning process and then go to the run mode in both boards. If you don't know if the NVM module has devices stored please long press the SW2 to reset to factory defaults.

(From the ZigBee applications user's guide):

zaug.jpg

Once the demo is working, reset one MCU, since the initial mode is configuration you need to long press the SW1 to go to the run mode again, it should be working without repeating the commissioning process.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos
manuelbaez
Contributor II

Hello Earl,

I've tried that and it gets connected to the network, but immediately gets stuck in identify mode for a few minutes and then just stops.

I think It just doesn't get into run mode.

Best regards,

Manuel.

0 Kudos
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Manuel,

Is your switch a router or an end device? Please configure it as a router. Since the end device is sleepy, it would be useful to discard that the problem is related with the low power configurations.

I attached my BeeKit configurations. I tested with the MC13234C MCU so you need to change it to the MC13237C.

pastedImage_0.png

Best regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos