ZigBee 3.0 JN516x Interrupt handling

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZigBee 3.0 JN516x Interrupt handling

epbelan
Contributor I

If using JN516x and ZigBee3.0 stack JN-SW-4170 is it possible to also use interrupt functions from the  JN516x Integrated Peripherals API? Such as...

u32AHI_Init

vAHI_SysCtrlRegisterCallback
vAHI_Uart1RegisterCallback

I need to access the brownout, input, uart, pulse counter and analogue callback functions and using the above functions allows for more autonomous interrupt handling (interrupts are cleared and parsed automatically, I realize uarts are not cleared automatically but they are parsed automatically)

If these functions are no longer available because of the free_rtos interrupt handling, is there any documentation on modifying the irq_JN516x.S file? I have successfully added the System controller interrupt I needed but only by looking at all the examples and guessing at the structure. Then I have to poll all of the conditions that could have triggered it. I would l0ve to be able to recreate the original mechanism of the registered callback functions.

I had to post this one sentence at a time to figure out that the word "l0ve" is banned! Really?!?!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

epbelan
Contributor I

Are you registering your callbacks before "TARGET_INITIALISE()"?

Are your callbacks listed in irq_JN516x.S?

0 Kudos

epbelan
Contributor I

Sorry, I forgot to mention I am using the JN-AN-1229.

My problem is the lack of mention of interrupt handling in the stack user guide. Whereas when using JN-AN-1184, the documentation specifically mentions the application of  u32AHI_Init when using JenOS. As you can see, u32AHI_Init is not called for the JN516x when using ZigBee 3.0. The TARGET_INITIALISE() function is, to my untrained eyes, what appears to be a lot of vector macros which I do not understand. Hence the request for documentation on irq_JN516x.S.

Are you using the irq_JN516x.S file?

If not, what does the code below look like for you?

PUBLIC void APP_vSetUpHardware(void)
{
#if (JENNIC_CHIP_FAMILY == JN517x)
    u32AHI_Init();
    vAHI_InterruptSetPriority(MICRO_ISR_MASK_BBC,     NVIC_INT_PRIO_LEVEL_BBC );
#else
    TARGET_INITIALISE();
    /* clear interrupt priority level  */
    SET_IPL(0);
    portENABLE_INTERRUPTS();
//    vAHI_BrownOutConfigure(E_AHI_VBOREF_3V0, FALSE, TRUE, FALSE, TRUE);
//    vAHI_SysCtrlRegisterCallback( APP_isrSysCon );
//    vAHI_InterruptSetPriority( MICRO_ISR_MASK_SYSCTRL, 4);
//    u32AHI_Init();
#endif

0 Kudos

davidashraf
Contributor V

epbelan‌ 
I am using AN1229 too 
I am guessing "TARGET_INITIALISE();" function includes calling u32AHI_Init(); or it's an alternative function to it.
So you shouldn't call u32AHI_Init() again before using any function from Integrated peripheral API 

You'll find Interrupt handling functions  in Integrated peripheral API guide according to the peripheral you're using 
I already used PWM , ADC , I/O and other peripherals successfully  

0 Kudos

davidashraf
Contributor V

epbelan‌ 
I am using many functions of Integrated Peripherals API ,So yes I believe it's possible 
It's more of a general API that can work with all stacks unless something else is mentioned in a particular part in the stack user guide.

If you're using an application note you'll notice that "u32AHI_Init" maybe is already called so make sure you don't call it twice.
I hope this helps 
Regards

0 Kudos