ZED responds "Not Supported" to the bind request

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZED responds "Not Supported" to the bind request

Alkarax
Contributor II

Hi! I Develop "On/off light switch" device. I send Bind request from coordinator to my end device, end device send Bind responce with "Not Supported" status, that being said, I am not getting any stack events related to binding or errors. I am attaching my config files.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Alkarax,

Please look at the zps_eAplZdoBind API that is showing on 5.4.2 to create a new bind request.

The zps_eAplZdpBindUnbindRequest is used to request a bind request from the other node. but I am not sure of your requirement.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

Alkarax
Contributor II

Hello, Mario.

I think you are kidding me! If I send a request from the coordinator to the end device, then of course I need a function to create a bind on another device. Here I am doing everything right. The problem is that the end device does not behave according to the documentation! My device not generate zps_EVENT_ZDO_BIND event on reception ZDO_Bind request, but automaticaly responce with "ZDO Not support" status.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Alkarax,

Could you please confirm the AN that you are working on? 

Is it possible that you could share the implementation that you are doing?

Did you have the sniffer log of this error that you are getting?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

Alkarax
Contributor II

Hi @mario_castaneda 

I attach the sniffer log.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Alkarax,

I follow the same process as you did, I am using an end device, and as you can see in the sniffer log attached. The packet 57, the coordinator is sending the bind request and after that, the end device is sending the bind response with the status success.

I checked the sniffer log that you send, but I did not find the bind request packet, also the device has some issues with the join process.

What is the cluster that you are trying to bind?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

Alkarax
Contributor II

Hi, @mario_castaneda 

Sorry, now I'm on vacation and I will be able to add a sniffer log after June 12, now I am attaching only the implementation.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

Alkarax
Contributor II

Hi @mario_castaneda,

I dont want to use finding and bindind procedure, I want to make a bind based on "ZDO bind request". 

In JN-UG-3113 clause 5.4.4 written "The function zps_eAplZdpBindUnbindRequest() can be used to request that a new binding is added to a remote Binding table. The addition of this binding is signalled by a zps_EVENT_ZDO_BIND event on the remote node."

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Alkarax,

Could you please look at the next community post? I think that could help you with the binding process.

How to operate F&B function of JN5169

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos