cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi AP non linux platform

carlnormansuret
Contributor V

Hi All,

We are looking at making a simple gateway router based on the IMX RT1060 with Ethernet + a 4G modem connected to the USB and Wifi AP.

We believe we have everything under control using uTasker / FreeRToS for all the product requirments other than the WiFi. 

The thing we need help with is implmenting a WiFi AP on the IMX RT1060 so people can use the WiFi as their gateway. We have no inhouse expertise on this and dont have hte time to "start from scratch" so we're looking for a quick solution to market.

Are there any non linux application examples for this type of solution based on C Code? Or possibly if you're an engineer with real experince in this exact area and have done this previously (outside of linux) maybe you can inbox me and we can have a talk about contracting this section of the design out

0 Kudos
3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Carl,

I highly recommend you to check our SDK examples we have available. We have some examples using Cypress Wi-Fi devices.

You can download the SDK in the following link:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

carlnormansuret
Contributor V

Thanks,

Can you be a little more specific? The link just took me to the SDK builder, I have no idea where to go from there to find a WiFi AP solution?

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carl,

I am sorry for the late response. You will need to build SDK for i.MX RT1060 EVK. Please make sure you include the related middleware as it is shown in the below image.

pastedImage_2.png

Once you have downloaded SDK I recommend you to check the following videos.

MCUXpresso IDE - Importing MCUXpresso SDK | NXP

MCUXpresso IDE - Importing SDK Example Project | NXP 

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos