cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which protocol to choose for wireless comunication based on JN5168 M03 modules

michallauko
Contributor II

Hi for all,

I'm new here. I bought JN5168-M03 modules for wireless communication in my LaserTag project between controller (PC) and each other taggers.

My idea is simple:

1) There will be one controller - PC with one JN5168 module connected through USBtoUart, which will send commands (for example start game, change configuration and so on) either to all or to specific tagger. It will also receive messages from taggers when some tagger will be shot and so on.

2) Maybe there will be one or more routers to extend the range

3) There will be minimal two or more taggers which will receive messages from controller (start game, stop game, change configuration, ...) and send messages to controller when tagger will be shot.

So controller must be able to unicast (change configuration) and broadcast (start game) to each single tagger and each tagger must be able unicast to controller. Taggers can move so they must be able to change its parent when move from range of one parent to another.

I have found that there are four supported protocols (IEEE 802.15.4, JenNet-IP, ZigBee Pro and ZigBee RF4CE) but I'm little bit confused which of them is the best for my purpose. Can someone point me to best starting point - application note or something else?

Thanks,

migi

Tags (2)
10 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michal,

For this application, I recommed Zigbee stack Pro or Zigbee 3.0, because you will have Taggers than can move so they must be able to change its parent when move from range of one parent to another. I am assuming that the space, room will not going to be small.

ZigBee Light Link|NXP 

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Mario

michallauko
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Thank you for your reply. I have to look closer at Zigbee Pro protocol and it's application profiles because it is new for me and I'm still little bit confused in terms like cluster, profile, end point and how they depends on each other :smileyhappy:.

Is it possible to directly address each separate tagger or have I do something special in case to configure only one tagger?

Thank you

migi

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michal

Please take a look the next document.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/JN-UG-3048.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=8&pageNum=2 

Chapter 2.2.4 Network Addressing

Chapter 10. ZigBee Network Parameters

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

michallauko
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

I know that this is off topic, but maybe you will know how to download BeyondStudio and SDK's for Zigbee Pro Stack? When I try it from nxp page it has always size 0B and is empty. Thank you

Best regards

migi

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michal,

Did you receive a confirmation email?

Could you please try again JN-SW-4141?

ZigBee Light Link|NXP 

Please let me know you findings.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

michallauko
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

no, I did not receive any confirmation email. Everytime I fill in project details and push confirm button, download dialog appears with jn-sw-4141.zip, but this file has size of 0B. I will try it again on monday from my work.

I will let you know then.

Best regards and have nice weekend :smileyhappy:

migi

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michal,

I reported this issue. I will give you an update when you can download the SW without problems.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michal,

The issue was fixed. Could you please try it again?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

michallauko
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Thank you very much. I tried downloading yesterday evening and it works.

Thank you

Best regards

migi

0 Kudos

michallauko
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Thank you, your post helped me. Now I have to complete my programming board to start trying my first project.

Thank you

Best regards

migi

0 Kudos