Which is the lowest power NXP BLE SoC?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the lowest power NXP BLE SoC?

andrew_clifford
Contributor II

Hi, I am looking at the NXP Bluetooth Low Energy system-on-chips and was wondering if someone could help. I am looking for the lowest possible power consumption, but am unsure which processor to go for. I only need very short range and low data rates and I don't need a huge amount of processing power.

Lookign at the specs, the QN9080 seems the lowest power. Is this right? I notice is has a Cortex M4 rather than an M0/M0+ in it, which would be a nice thing to have for future upgrades. Does the M4 use a lot more power than the M0 family for the same clock/program?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

You might have a little more current, nonetheless, the clock and the program won't be the only factors that might represent an impact on your application. You will need to check as well the configuration of your device. 

The lowest in current consumption, the QN9080 indeed has the lowest one,  you can also check the KW31Z  if you are looking for an M0+ one but again it will also depend on your application and configuration, the QN9080 has an application note with the power consumption analysis. 

Regards, 
Estephania 

0 Kudos

andrew_clifford
Contributor II

Hi Estephania,

Thank you for your quick and detailed response! I think I will go with the QN9080 so that we have the potential for the extra processing power if we need it.

Thanks again,

Andrew

0 Kudos