Which RTOS API to use when using the BLE stack on QN908x?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which RTOS API to use when using the BLE stack on QN908x?

atomicfro
Contributor I

A little background: I am a senior in an electrical engineering program.  I am using the QN9080SIP MCU as the microcontroller for my senior project as I require BLE and the built in antenna / FCC approvals.

For my project, I am using FreeRTOS. I have all the non BLE code and tasks written and completed.  We are not allowed to use NXP's libraries, we have to turn on and manipulate hardware using only the interfaces such as CTIMER->... .  This, of course, does not apply to the BLE stack itself, but as such I cannot just use one of the demo applications and try to modify them.

In using the BLE stack, I am going to follow the BLE Application Developers Guide.  I realize that the BLE stack is written using the Connectivity Framework for OS abstraction. Do my FreeRTOS tasks need to be implemented using the Connectivity Framework abstraction, or can they be implemented using the FreeRTOS APIs?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jerod, I hope you're doing well!

The FreeRTOS APIs can be used to develop and implement BLE applications, as well as the OS Abstraction APIs.

Most of the provided SDK BLE stack examples provide both implementations, either using FreeRTOS or baremetal with OS Abstraction implementation.

A good starting point for developing with the BLE Stack implemented in this device in conjunction with FreeRTOS could be the BLE Beacon example.

It can be found in the following path of the SDK:

<…SDK_2.2.1_QN908XCDK\boards\qn908xcdk\wireless_examples\bluetooth\beacon\freertos>

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos