What would be behaviour of BGA6130 for RF receiving state ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be behaviour of BGA6130 for RF receiving state ?

darshan_ecom
Contributor I

Hello ,

We are using BGA6130 in our Lora trans-receive application for getting more gain at transmit side.
We are using AI thinker RA01 module and it has common RF pin for In and out , so after that i have placed BGA6130 stage to amplify my 433 MHz signal .
I am getting good gain at transmitting signal but at receiving mode we have got 90 percentage signal then without PA .
So i want to know that after disable my PA by driving Enable pin low of BGA6130 what would be path generated for receiving signal to reach at my RA01 module RF pin from antenna through BGA6130 ?
I didn't find any details regarding that in datasheet. BGA6130 issue.png
Here i have attaching schematic pic for reference .

1 Reply

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please, refer to Figure 27 in BGA6130 datasheet: "Return loss in power-down mode". In power-down mode, BGA6130 circuit remains matched to 50 Ohm source. So, in power-down mode, the input of BGA6130 circuit is not high-impedance but behaves as ~50 Ohm load.

If BGA6130 circuit is connected to RA01 module antenna pin, it will assert ~50 Ohm load and it will reduce RX sensitivity of RA01. As the result, RX signal will lose at least 3dB.

Possible workarounds:
- use additional RF switch between RA01 module antenna pin and input of BGA6130 circuit.
- fan out TX signal from A01 module (before RF switch) to feed BGA6130 circuit

Have a great day,

Pavel
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------