What should I pay attention to when using routing nodes as terminal nodes?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I pay attention to when using routing nodes as terminal nodes?

jun951753jun951
Contributor III

I use jn1229.

I'm going to use only the coordinator and the router to build the network. What do I need to pay attention to for the router?

When testing, I found that the transmission distance is not enough. How to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jun, I hope you're doing well!

You could try avoiding physical obstructions between your devices, as some materials and surfaces may reduce effective range of wireless devices.

Another thing to keep in mind is possible electronic noise and interference in the frequency range of these devices, you could try changing the connection channel to a less crowded one.

It's also worth noting that range will vary from module to module, as some of them have more powerful transceivers than others, and some even have a Power Amplifier to further increase communication range.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

jun951753jun951
Contributor III

I need your help

I use 1229 and jn5168001m03 .

• Transmission distance is less than 10 meters, how to expand the transmission distance?

• Here's how I do it(Both A and B)
  • pastedImage_1.png
  • And then the transfer function sends an error, the data doesn't go out, the error code 0xa6
  • Send function ZPS_eAplAfUnicastDataReq();
0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jun,

The JN5168-001-M03 is not a high power module, if you try to enable it using the function you describe, you'll get an error because there's no power amplifier in the module you're using:

pastedImage_1.png

Only the JN5168-001-M05 or M06 modules are high power capable (regarding the JN5168 variant of MCUs), so this function is only compatible with this specific variant. I have attached a document to show how to enable high power mode on the compatible modules.

I can give you the following recommendations:

• I would recommend you try changing your network's channel to see if the low range is related to noise in the current frequency you're operating.
  • You could also try adding an external Power Amplifier between the module's output and the antenna.
  • I would also advise that you check the matching circuit of the module.

Could you please try to see if these recommendations work for you?

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian