What is a good loop probe to use for non contact measurements at 13.56MHz?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a good loop probe to use for non contact measurements at 13.56MHz?

acuom
Contributor III

I have a receiving antenna (9 turn spiral, 1cm in diameter) that I would like to measure (inductance) wirelessly at 13.56MHz. While looking through application notes, I found that a loop probe can be used to perform a non contact measurement using a VNA. However, I couldn't find any details on what probe (name, part id or even dimensions) specifically would work for this kind of measurement. On googling, I could only find probes ranging from 30MHz to 3GHz.

Could anyone suggest a loop probe to use? Or even the dimensions of a loop that I can wind myself and connect to a coax as a last resort?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

In order to better service for you. Would you please provide the information as the below?

What you mean the application note? Is the application note as the link?

URL:https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12810.pdf.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

acuom
Contributor III

Hello fangfang,

Thank you for getting back to me. The application note was from Keysight, since they are the manufacturer's of our VNA.

The IC we are using is NHS3152. And the coil antenna is to connect to it. We cannot make any testing connections to it given the substrate involved so a direct connection from miniVNA/VNA would not be ideal. We need a way to wirelessly measure the resonance using a reader coil.

Regards,

Aayush Chadha

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thanks for your updated information. For the tag antenna design is difference with the reader.
You can find the tag antenna tool information as the attachment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos