What are the transceiver parameters to use MBAN and BLE together in KW40Z?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the transceiver parameters to use MBAN and BLE together in KW40Z?

divyak
Contributor I

I want to use the KW40Z in a Healthcare application in the BLE overlapped with MBAN. I see that there are only two possible modes to initialize the transceiver : BLE and Zigbee. Can you please tell me what the parameters for "  BLE overlapped with MBAN" activation in PHY are? Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

alexandruandree
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You can use the Hybrid example application for overlapping 802.15.4 and BLE communication (KW40Z_Connectivity_Software_1.0.1\ConnSw\examples\hybrid\ble_802_15_4_dual_mode_demo). XcvrInit states which mode will be initialized first. As you can see in the example, 802.15.4 PHY is also initialized in Phy_init().

BR,

Alex

0 Kudos

divyak
Contributor I

Hi Alex,

I have used the Hybrid demo. The BLE and 802.15.4 are working together in 2.4GHz frequency. I would like to know how to use the 2360 - 2400MHz frequency band (Medical Band for medical body area networks (MBAN)). For this I have initialized the XCVR in "802.15.4j" protocol mode. But it is not enough. Are there other XCVR parameters which need to be looked into? Are there any changes in the MAC? The Bottom line is I want to make the kw40z work in 2360-2400MHz band and I would like to know how to do that.

0 Kudos