cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLAN8101H Implementation Requirements

Jump to solution
paulsons
Contributor I

Hello, and thank you for reviewing my post.

I am designing a small, high-speed, wireless sensing device to implement in my research. Our lab conducts impact experiments on various materials, collecting images at frame rates up to 10 MHz and strain data at sampling rates up to 100 MHz. For my device, I am scaling the sampling rate back to below 50 MSPS with an 8-bit ADC.

I am looking at using wifi as an IoT platform for the high throughput capacity. The location that this device will be used is in a well-shielded basement, so interference is low. I'm interested in the WLAN8101H front-end module for wifi 6 for its small footprint and the high throughput of wifi 6. Are there any recommended MCU or MPU devices to use with this product? From my understanding, the MCU/MPU will need to be able to output a TX signal to interface with the WLAN8101H. Are there other specific requirements in order to get the highest throughput out of the WLAN8101H?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please remember that the WLAN810H is only a front end module, maybe will be easier if you use one of our WiFi devices, this devices have support for some of our MCUs/MPUs using the MCUXpreso SDK, please check

https://www.nxp.com/products/wireless/wi-fi-plus-bluetooth:WIFI-BLUETOOTH

Maybe the IW620 or the 88W9098 can be a good option 

Regards

Vicente Gomez

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please remember that the WLAN810H is only a front end module, maybe will be easier if you use one of our WiFi devices, this devices have support for some of our MCUs/MPUs using the MCUXpreso SDK, please check

https://www.nxp.com/products/wireless/wi-fi-plus-bluetooth:WIFI-BLUETOOTH

Maybe the IW620 or the 88W9098 can be a good option 

Regards

Vicente Gomez

0 Kudos