Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Smartphone as a Tag

Jump to solution
amighri
Contributor II

Hi, 

Using PNEV7462C I was able to read the Session Register A0h of the NTAG5. Is it possible to switch the NTAG5 with my Smartphone (with NFC)? In the Reader Library were no examples for detecting smartphones if I am right. Is it possible ? 

Thanks in advance. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @amighri ,

Actually there is not a dedicated doc for this topic, but we provide a demo of "NfcrdlibEx8_HCE_T4T_mcux" for PN7462 in which PN7462 simulates itself as a type4A tag, and you may use it as a starting point to implement your application, with the help of TagWriter App running on a smartphone.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
amighri
Contributor II

Hi @Kan_Li ,

I am trying to read my phone UID using the DiscoveryLoop Example That NXP provides. But I am getting different UIDs. How can I identify my Phone other than the UID ? 

amighri_0-1654776432020.png

Thanks im advance. 

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @amighri ,

If your Smartphone may simulate itself as some kind of tag/card, the PN7462C running the demo of "NfcrdlibEx1_DiscoveryLoop_mcux" may be used to detect the phone.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
amighri
Contributor II

Hi @Kan_Li 

Thank you for the quick response. Is it possible to tranfer data from the Phone to the Reader. In my example I want to toggle a LED connected to the GPIO of the Reader using the Smartphone. Is there any Kind of Android App that allows the smartphone to simulate itself as a tag.

To write on Tags I used NXP App "TagWriter" where the Phone acts as Reader and it successfully worked. But I wnt the other way around. To be concret I want the Reader to read something from the Phone (maybe a register from the Tag of the Phone) and depending on that register to toggle a LED connected to the GPIO. Is it possible ? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @amighri ,

Yes, it is possible, for example, when your smartphone acts as some kind of type A tag storing NDEF message, the reader(PN7462C) may take action according to the content read from the smartphone. and of course, this use case is not limited, you may use PN7462C as a tag and smartphone just as a reader, when the smartphone write something into PN7462C, which would take action accordingly.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
amighri
Contributor II

Hi @Kan_Li ,

Thank you so much your answer is very helpful. Is there some kind of documentation for such a use case ? 

Thanks in advance. 

Best regards,

Aladin

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @amighri ,

Actually there is not a dedicated doc for this topic, but we provide a demo of "NfcrdlibEx8_HCE_T4T_mcux" for PN7462 in which PN7462 simulates itself as a type4A tag, and you may use it as a starting point to implement your application, with the help of TagWriter App running on a smartphone.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
amighri
Contributor II

Hello @Kan_Li 

I am trying to run NfcrdlibEx8_HCE_T4T example to emulate NFC Forum Type 4 Tag.

How can I write  NDEF Message to the reader PN7462 and print it on the console?

What I want to do is to write an NDEF message into the Reader with NXP Writer App and depending on that message to toggle a GPIO on the reader. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @amighri ,

The demo supports both both reading and writing of NDEF message but doesn't check the content of message and toggle a GPIO accordingly ,  so you have to implement it by yourself.

The AppProcessCmdCallback() is used to handle UPDATE BINARY and proprietary commands, and you may add your own implementation in it.

Kan_Li_0-1647828768326.png

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
amighri
Contributor II

Hi @Kan_Li ,

Thank you for your response. It was very helpful.

What about printing the NDEF Message ? I thought it would be  like the Read/Write Config by NfcrdlibEx5_ISO15693. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @amighri ,

Do you mean let the PN7462 print the content of the received NDEF message via the console such as UART? if so, you may refer to "uint8_t aNdefFile[1024]" at line 96 of "NfcrdlibEx8_HCE_T4T.c", which is used to store the NDEF message, and you may print it when this file is updated by the write operation.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
amighri
Contributor II

@Kan_Li 

Thank you so much for your reply. It was very helpful.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos