Unable flash WPR1516 with binary file using Jlink.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable flash WPR1516 with binary file using Jlink.

Jump to solution
jayesh_joshi
Contributor IV

Hi All,

We are using WPR1516  in our system. We need to flash the .bin file in the WPR1516 controller using Jlink. 

We can connect to the WPR1516 core but we can not flash the firmware.  Please find an attached image of the Jlink command with an error message.

jayeshj_0-1649851543027.png

FYI, I can load firmware using IAR tool v9.10. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jayesh_joshi
Contributor IV

@xiangjun_rong 

We need to change the controller selection from WPR1516 to WPR1516 (ALLOW SECURITY). After this selection, we are able to flash using Jlink Commander. 

Can you help me understand the reason behind this behavior? e.g. What difference does it make to change WPR1516 to WPR1516 (ALLOW SECURITY)? I have seen this in other NXP controllers. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Pls try to use the J-Flash to erase/program the on-chip flash with J-link device.

https://wiki.segger.com/UM08003_JFlash

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos
jayesh_joshi
Contributor IV

@xiangjun_rong 

I was unable to flash using JFlash.exe as it requires some license and as we have Jlink Base we can not get that license. But I have tried with JFlash Lite.exe and still, there were issues in the flashing.  Please find attached a screenshot. FYI, Erase is successful.

Are we still missing any steps for flashing?

jayesh_joshi_0-1649935084399.png

0 Kudos
jayesh_joshi
Contributor IV

@xiangjun_rong 

We need to change the controller selection from WPR1516 to WPR1516 (ALLOW SECURITY). After this selection, we are able to flash using Jlink Commander. 

Can you help me understand the reason behind this behavior? e.g. What difference does it make to change WPR1516 to WPR1516 (ALLOW SECURITY)? I have seen this in other NXP controllers. 

0 Kudos