USB-KW41Z BLE sniffer does not decode Ethernet II "data". Missing wireshark plug in?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-KW41Z BLE sniffer does not decode Ethernet II "data". Missing wireshark plug in?

robertoquilez
Contributor III

USB-KW41Z  BLE sniffer does not decode Ethernet II "data" on wireshark.

It is like the "kinetis adapter information" plug in does not work.

Set up: Windows 10 + wireshark 2.6.1 + Kinetis protocol analyser adapter 1.2.6.1 installed

8 Replies

robertoquilez
Contributor III

Thank you very much se7ensong. It worked!

Please estephania_martinez‌ correct either the "bug" or the link in the getting started web page :-)

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Are you trying to use it with BLE?  If you are trying to do so, could you please make sure that you are using the correct interface?

Sometimes, depending on the computer the sniffer it's not set by default on the Ethernet II  and you might be seeing other types of packets. 

Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos

robertoquilez
Contributor III

Hello Estephania,

Yes, I am trying to use it with BLE.

I am pretty sure that I am using the correct interface. It is the only one available from the Protocol Analyzer adapter and I only get traffic when I select all the BLE channels.

If you look at my previous screenshot, data is passing through the  wireshark interface but it is not decoded.

I guess that the 45 bytes of data you can see there should match with a NXP protocol to wrap the BLE device information.

I have done the installation on another windows pc and I get the same result. 

I install Wireshark and the Protocol Analyzer adapter from here: USB-KW41Z|Bluetooth Low Energy/IEEE® 802.15.4 Wireless Packet Sniffer|NXP 

Regards,

Roberto

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

Is there a chance you could share with me the capture? Also, could you please attach a screenshot of both the device manager and the adapter settings on the computer?

Also, by any chance, do you have a firewall active? Sometimes the firewall causes some problems while working with the protocol analyzer and Wireshark?

Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos

robertoquilez
Contributor III

Hello,

I do not understand, you can find the screenshot in my first post.

Anyway here there is another one with the Protocol Analyzer Adapter.

I have disabled the firewall.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 08.55.23.png

0 Kudos

se7ensong
Contributor II

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Please downgrade wireshark to 2.4.7.

takaite
Contributor I

Hello. I'm getting the same issue. Any clue how to fix dissector? ethernet II issue.png

0 Kudos

bonewelj
Contributor I

Hello,

I am dealing with the same issue... 

I have tested with Wireshark v2.4.7, v2.4.8, and v3.2.4 and Protocol Analyzer Adapter v1.2.8.0

pastedImage_1.png

Here is a screenshot of my wireshark and adapter. Any feedback would be appreciated.

0 Kudos