Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-KW38 miss "KINETIS VIRTUAL COM" driver

Jump to solution
jay_lee
Contributor II

Hi

After i plug in USB-KW38 and install "MCUXpresso IDE", the computer still could not detect and install "KINETIS VIRTUAL COM" driver.

Could you provide the driver?

TKs

Jay

Labels (2)
1 Solution
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jay, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please take a look at the Getting Started with USB-KW38 guide here?

It includes step by step instructions and links to the necessary drivers and information to begin using the USB-KW38 as both a protocol sniffer, or a Development Kit.

The OpenSDA releases for this board can be downloaded from the following page of our website:

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

Currently, you can download OpenSDA version 2.2 with DAPLink Bootloader by selecting the USB-KW38 from the drop-down list. Drivers for CMSIS-DAP can also be downloaded from this same page, on section 3, after selecting the USB-KW38 from the list.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jay, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please take a look at the Getting Started with USB-KW38 guide here?

It includes step by step instructions and links to the necessary drivers and information to begin using the USB-KW38 as both a protocol sniffer, or a Development Kit.

The OpenSDA releases for this board can be downloaded from the following page of our website:

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

Currently, you can download OpenSDA version 2.2 with DAPLink Bootloader by selecting the USB-KW38 from the drop-down list. Drivers for CMSIS-DAP can also be downloaded from this same page, on section 3, after selecting the USB-KW38 from the list.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian