Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCODE I2C PCB ANTENNA DESIGN

Kesavkumar
Contributor II

AN11180 UCODE I2C PCB antenna reference designs

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11180.pdf

1.For the I2C interface with MCU, Is it sufficient to connect only one decoupling inductor as mentioned in section 3.3?

2.What should be the value of pull-up resistor used in figure 4?

3.Should GND pin of IC be connected to GND pin of MCU?

4.Can I interface the MCU directly to the four header pins as shown in fig 18?

5.Though all the design shown in the document has the option to interface microcontroller, why only section 8 states that explicitly? (Is there any significance in section 8 design)

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

>>1.For the I2C interface with MCU, Is it sufficient to connect only one decoupling inductor as mentioned in section 3.3?
Yes, Please refer to the reference designs.

>>2.What should be the value of pull-up resistor used in figure 4?
In general. Using 10k pull up resistor.

>> 3.Should GND pin of IC be connected to GND pin of MCU?
Yes, you are right.

>>4.Can I interface the MCU directly to the four header pins as shown in fig 18?
Yes.

>> 5.Though all the design shown in the document has the option to interface microcontroller, why only section 8 states that explicitly? (Is there any significance in section 8 design)
This application note provides measurement results with maximum and minimum amount
of copper surfaces in the ground plane. For real life application the performance can be
expected to be in the middle of the measured results. All measurements are done with
"broadband" antenna designs (not specifically tuned for a certain geographic area).

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos