Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART usage

Jump to solution
lukaszgesieniec
Contributor II

Hi,

I want to communicate with another uC using UART. My application is based on thread_router_bluetooth_wireless_uart_hybrid example. Should I use SerialManager or FSCI module from Wireless Connectivity Framework? Any example?

Thanks

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Lukasz,

The serial manager is used for communication to the upper layers in the stack. For most thread examples, the serial manager is user by the shell interface and communicates through UART to the OpenSDA MCU.

Since the KW41 only has one UART, you would need to disable the serial manager to have access to the UART. Once disabled, you can use the SDK drivers for the UART module. There are examples for this driver located in <SDK installation>\boards\frdmkw41z\driver_examples\lpuart\.

FSCI is a serial protocol used to control the Connectivity stack through serial commands.

Regards,

Gerardo

View solution in original post

1 Reply
gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Lukasz,

The serial manager is used for communication to the upper layers in the stack. For most thread examples, the serial manager is user by the shell interface and communicates through UART to the OpenSDA MCU.

Since the KW41 only has one UART, you would need to disable the serial manager to have access to the UART. Once disabled, you can use the SDK drivers for the UART module. There are examples for this driver located in <SDK installation>\boards\frdmkw41z\driver_examples\lpuart\.

FSCI is a serial protocol used to control the Connectivity stack through serial commands.

Regards,

Gerardo