For which parts is the Thread stack available now? BLE, 802.15.2

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Matthias,

Thread specification 1.0 was just released in July 2015. The Freescale Thread stack implementation is scheduled to be released around September. Right now, Thread is available for 802.15.4 only.

FSL parts supported are KW2x (SiP) and MCR20A (802.15.4 radio with K64 or KL46).

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

thueringen
Contributor II

Any News? The stack is released and when will Freescale come with an own stack?

0 Kudos

antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Matthias,

The GA (pre-certified) version will  be released in a couple of weeks.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,

Antonio

0 Kudos

roman_s
Contributor I

Hi,

We are small start up and trying to build Zigbee compatible device and looking at ZigBee Home Automation 1.2 stack and Thread stack.

Is there any licensing involved in using Thread?? We looked at the thethreadgroup.com it looks like you need to become the member and membership cost is quite a lot for us at the moment.

Thank you,

Roman.

0 Kudos

antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roman

Yep, it is the same as in ZigBee. In order to deliver in the market Thread compliant devices you need to be member of the Thread Group (affiliate membership cost is 2500$) and pass the certifcation (validation includes: Commissioning, Network functionality and interoperability, Device operation in network) through UL Laboraties.

As start-up company I suggest you to have a look and apply for the Innovation Enabler Program that may(if approved) give you a free membership/certification. You can find all the details HERE.

Hope this helps,

Antonio

0 Kudos