Thread examples

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread examples

mattiastörnblad
Contributor II

I have been trying out the Thread samples from "Kinetis MKW2xD and MCR20A Connectivity Software(REV 1.0.1)", but in all my tests the shell do not seem to work! I am running them on FRDM-KW24D512. The behavior is as below. Have tried to connect them to different kind of terminal software and try different linebreak formats. Any ideas what might be wrong? The project is cloned with the tool included in the Connectivity Software.

SHELL starting...
NXP Thread v1.1.1.6
Enter "thr join" to join a network, or "thr create" to start new network
Enter "help" for other commands

$ thr join
Unknown command 't' - try 'help'

$ help
Unknown command '' - try 'help'

$

Labels (2)
3 Replies

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mattias, 

I've seen a similar issue in the past with a corrupted OpenSDA firmware. I'd recommend you to re-program the OpenSDA firmware in your board. 

1. Download the OpenSDA firmware (OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP )
2. Disconnect the FRDM-KW24D512 from the computer
3. While keeping pressed the reset switch, connect the FRDM-KW24D512 to the computer using the J15 USB connector
4. You should see an MSD drive showing up in Windows Explorer named “BOOTLOADER”
5. Drag and drop the binary from the unzipped archive to the BOOTLOADER drive
6. Wait for the download to complete
7. Disconnect again the board and plug it back to the computer without keeping the reset switch this time.

If the latest J-Link for FRDM-KW24D512 (22_OpenSDA_FRDM-KW24D512.bin) still presents problems, try using the attached.

-JC

mattiastörnblad
Contributor II

Seems like it might have been something with OpenSDA! Downloaded and reflashed it and now it looks ok! 

//Mattias

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mattias,

What is the example that you want to run?

Could you please describe the process that you are following?

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos