cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The program of Bluetooth distance measurement by using TOF method and kw36

liuxinpeng0908
Contributor II

Hi

Now I am using the kw36 development board to participate in a Bluetooth Car project. I want to use Bluetooth to measure the distance between two boards. If I don't want to use the RSSI attenuation formula of field strength, but I want to use Bluetooth as the transmission speed of electromagnetic wave to be constant, and use TOF (time of flight measurement) method for ranging, has anyone tried to write the relevant development program with Bluetooth through kw36? If not, does NXP have a similar TOF ranging routine? I hope some engineers who have seen similar programs can help me to provide a routine. Thank you very much.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
6 Replies

ovidiu_usturoi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi liuxinpeng0908@foxmail.com‌, 

We are working on a new KW36 Maintenance release. This will be available in the middle of November https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select  and will integrate an example project for localization (ToF, PDE). 

I will let you know when the release will be available.

Regards,

Ovidiu

liuxinpeng0908
Contributor II

Hi,I wonder if that routine has been developed? If you have relevant information, can you provide me a link? Be deeply grateful

0 Kudos

ovidiu_usturoi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi liuxinpeng0908@foxmail.com‌, 

On November 14, I sent an email to you mentioning that the release for KW36 has been postponed until the end of the month. From the latest info, the localization project will not be included in the public release, being delivered as a separate package.

Please contact our sales/marketing team to see options for getting access.

Regards,

Ovidiu

peter_csakant
Contributor I

Hi Ovidiu,

Has there been any chaneg in this in the last year or so? Is there a product/package available freely or comercially? If so what is the name of the product?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos

liuxinpeng0908
Contributor II

Hi,Ovidiu

Thanks very much for the information you have told

It 's so nice of you

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sorry , but we do not have an examples to fulfill you request, still, our current SDK contains APIs to capture IQ that can use as a help to develop your own examples with those API's. The API's can be found at the following path.

<installation path>\ middleware\wireless\framework_x.y.z\XCVR\MKW36Z

You can find the APIs to capture IQ in the dbg_ram_capture or the dma_capture files, nonetheless, that it's the only information we have available for this matter, there is no documentation on this yet but the code comments on the files.

Sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos