cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical issue while running the demo example of K32w148evk

WinstonWu
Contributor II

Hi Sir or madam,

We are trying to run the HCI demo project from NXP SDK (k32w148evk_hci_bb_bm), which is providing the HCI capability to serial port.

Now we are able to connect to the serial port and get HCI traffic running but we're encountering some issues from the HCI controller side.

The problem comes from the BLE module from NXP SDK, we only have access to headers and not the source files. Therefore, I am not able to diving into it myself.

The Bluetooth host software we used is btstack from Bluekitchen, which has worked well with other controller modules. It talks to Bluetooth controllers with HCI commands by serial port.

The issue is as below:

To make it clearer, I attach the screenshot of the logs here:

WinstonWu_0-1709677402857.png

From where you can see it stuck at "Set Event Mask" (The third line from bottom). Then after a while, I killed the application (Last line).

There are also other issues from the log, like the Local Address is not correct, returned buffer size is malformed, supported features are very limited, etc.

I attach the original HCI dump log here (can be opened by Wireshark).

To me, it seems that the SDK is not supporting the whole Bluetooth function, (I tried to open defined some macros from the project, but got no fruits), or there must be something missing to run the Bluetooth function for the controller.

Thanks and regards

Winston

0 Kudos
3 Replies

WinstonWu
Contributor II

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for your reply.

The SDK version is 2.12.7.

To make is clearer, the serial port and HCI has no problem, otherwise, we couldn't get the HCI log dump.

I suspect is the configuration of controller in the demo project is not complete, thus the incorrect behavior of HCI.

Thanks.

Winston

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you please test this demo by using Test Tool to compare if a similar behavior occurs? After opening the connection, try resetting your device before sending any command.

Also, it is necessary to work with the matching NBU image for the SDK version of the application you are working with. Prior to loading any wireless SDK example, you must update your NBU image with the provided binaries from the SDK. Can you confirm that you have followed the procedure described in the Getting Started with the KW45B41Z Evaluation Kit, Section 3.3 Updating NBU?

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @WinstonWu

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please help us with the K32W148 SDK version you are using?

If necessary, please make sure that the serial communication parameters are configured as indicated in BLE Demo Applications User's Guide, 5.6 HCI Black Box

Also, please test the HCI Black Box by using the Test Tool for Connectivity Products from the Connectivity Tool Suite as described in Section 5.6.3 Usage with Test Tool.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos