Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIMERs in NxpNfcRdLib SDK

Jump to solution
jayesh_joshi
Contributor IV

Hi All,

I am using PN7462 in my design and NXpNfCRdLib v5.22.1 for firmware development.

I am running into an unusual issue where if I use 2 free Running timers NFC communication is unable to establish between Reader Writer and Card Emulator. If I reduce the free-running timer to 1 the system works smoothly. Is NxpNfcRdLib is using some timers which are causing this issue? 

Thanks, Jayesh.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jayesh_joshi
Contributor IV

@Fabian_R 

It turns out there was issue with synchronization. When I was reducing one time I was putting that timer functionality in single timer which was keeping system in sync. If I use two timer there was issue with synchronization which results into connection issue.

Thank you for the help

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jayesh_joshi
Contributor IV

@Fabian_R 

It turns out there was issue with synchronization. When I was reducing one time I was putting that timer functionality in single timer which was keeping system in sync. If I use two timer there was issue with synchronization which results into connection issue.

Thank you for the help

0 Kudos
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jayesh,

I hope you are doing great, thank you for using our products.
Yes, as you are able to see in the UM10663, The receive and transmit HAL commands, require timers, some optional functions like "PHHAL_HW_RC663_OPTION_RXTX_TIMER_START" employs T0 and T1 timers.
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM10663.pdf

Please keep in mind this limitation while using NXP Reader Library.
I'm sorry for the problems this might cause.
Thank you for your time, we really appreciate this!

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos