Start-up Current Consumption of JN5168 MeshBee Module from SEEED

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start-up Current Consumption of JN5168 MeshBee Module from SEEED

hamidjabbar
Contributor I

I am using MeshBee module having JN5168 microcontroller. I am having problem with the MeshBee module start-up (cold-start) current consumption.

The MeshBee module is loaded with a little modified form of JN-AN-1189-ZigBee-HA-Demo / EH_Switch_JN5168_DR1199.  It is powered by Energy Harvester.

The MeshBee module consumes a large current spike, as seen in the attached oscilloscope screenshots. This current peak is resulting in power loss and start-up problem.
Can anyone guide, why this is happening?
This happen, when power is applied, and also when the MeshBee is Reset manually by the button.
I tried the changes in the default MeshBee code, simple while(1) code or sleep after main AppColdStart() function, but couldn't solve it.
I think it has to do something with the hardware.
Hardware is very simple, MeshBee Module directly connected with the battery via On/OFF (Single Pole Double Through) switch. this happens with or without a Reset switch.
I also tried powering the module with external power supply, the same current spike is always observed.
Changing the module also didn't help.

Can it be due to missing power supply capacitor near the Jn5168 chip?

I am attaching the voltage and current response of the MeshBee module in different scenarios.

Waiting for anyone suggestion.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hamid,

Do you have some Evaluation Kit? 

Could you please check the output voltage,(VCC_3.3, VB_RF) and the impedance?

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos