Source for Kinetis BLE ToolBox iPhone/Android?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Source for Kinetis BLE ToolBox iPhone/Android?

3,919件の閲覧回数
kevinsmall
Contributor I

Is the source for iPhone/Android Kinetis BLE ToolBox published anywhere?  It seems like it would be the easiest way to get started with the mobile side as well but no obvious google searches finds it for me.  And apologies if this has already been addressed but an NXP community search didn't seem to find it either.  Thanks!

ラベル(2)
13 返答(返信)

2,296件の閲覧回数
tombuil
Contributor II

Dear NXP,

I would like to use the KW41Z for a application that current uses the LPC11E14 series. 

My customer wants to add BLE support and to have a App.

It would really help to start if the app's source-code was available.

nRF does give the app-sources,.. I'm now considering to use nRF...

I think there are more developers that would really like to have the sources to have a quick-start.

Kinds regards

Tom

2,296件の閲覧回数
antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

The source code is available upon request, please contact your local Distributor/NXP person.

Cheers,

Antonio 

2,296件の閲覧回数
tombuil
Contributor II

Hello Antonio,

Thanks allot for your relpy.

I'm from the Netherlands, where can I get in contact with the local nxp

representitive?

Kind regards

Tom

Op 28-8-2017 om 08:29 schreef antonioconcio:

>

NXP Community

<https://community.freescale.com/resources/statics/1000/35400-NXP-Community-Email-banner-600x75.jpg>

>

Re: Source for Kinetis BLE ToolBox iPhone/Android?

reply from Antonio Concio

<https://community.nxp.com/people/antonioconcio?et=watches.email.thread>

in /Wireless Connectivity/ - View the full discussion

<https://community.nxp.com/message/937283?commentID=937283&et=watches.email.thread#comment-937283>

>

0 件の賞賛

2,296件の閲覧回数
karfes
Contributor II

I was going to ask this question. I bought two KITs (FRDM-KW41Z and FRDM-KW24D512) from NXP and I can't get it into my head that NXP won't release the sources for the app, or even provide code snippets for android development. I am currently trying to recreate it from scratch. I need to write my own android app for a custom LED lamp application my students are building. I have started with Just scanning, connecting, listing services and the characteristics of each service. I want to enable notification of specific characteristics but am stuck, I think because I have not implemented any encryption. Do I need to implement encryption to successfully enable notification from my KIT's heart_rate service with the heart_rate_sensor example?

What I have made so far is just a Debugging type app to just see if things work out and learn best practices. This should be already provided by NXP. The Toolbox app is great for a demo,  but sources would be really awesome. I will push to github Muriukidavid/android · GitHub 

2,296件の閲覧回数
evgenyerlihman
Contributor IV

Hey David,

I used google's example for BLE to get and display the list of services/characteristics from KW41Z. Had to modify it a bit to be able to enable notifications/indications on the KW41Z. You would also have to modify the code on the KW41Z to handle the notification/indication activation :smileyhappy:.  So i think it would be a very good place for you to start.

Thanks,

Evgeny

0 件の賞賛

2,295件の閲覧回数
karfes
Contributor II

Thanks Evgeny.

I will look into it. It's just that the NXP app seems to work so well. I just figured out how to read the battery characteristic, let me see if the rest can just be read the same way.

Log output:

W/BluetoothGatt: onCharacteristicRead() - Device=00:04:9F:00:00:02 handle=25 Status=0

D/onCharacteristicRead: Battery level: 93

am using this code:

private static final UUID Battery_Service_UUID = UUID.fromString("0000180F-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb");
private static final UUID Battery_Level_UUID = UUID.fromString("00002a19-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb");
BluetoothGattService Battservice = gatt.getService(Battery_Service_UUID);
BluetoothGattCharacteristic BattLevel = Battservice.getCharacteristic(Battery_Level_UUID);
@Override
public void onCharacteristicRead(BluetoothGatt gatt,
                                 BluetoothGattCharacteristic
                                         characteristic, int status) {
    if(status==BluetoothGatt.GATT_SUCCESS) {
            Log.d("onCharacteristicRead", "Battery level: " + characteristic.getIntValue(BluetoothGattCharacteristic.FORMAT_UINT8, 0));
    }
}
0 件の賞賛

2,295件の閲覧回数
karfes
Contributor II

Problem is, I dont know which UUID's are for what other services

0 件の賞賛

2,295件の閲覧回数
evgenyerlihman
Contributor IV

You should be able to find the UUIDs in the example code for KW41Z or in the official Bluetooth list

0 件の賞賛

2,295件の閲覧回数
karfes
Contributor II

What file specifically? or link to the online resource please

0 件の賞賛

2,295件の閲覧回数
evgenyerlihman
Contributor IV

MKW41Z_ConnSw_1.0.2\middleware\wireless\bluetooth_1.2.2\host\interface\ble_sig_defines.h

2,295件の閲覧回数
karfes
Contributor II

Beautiful. Thanks, couldn't find it easily

I had already found this one :GATT Characteristics | Bluetooth Technology Website 

0 件の賞賛

2,295件の閲覧回数
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kevin

No, the source code for the app is not public nor available. Sorry for the inconveniences that this may cause you.

Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

0 件の賞賛

2,295件の閲覧回数
evgenyerlihman
Contributor IV

Hi Jorge Alcala,

Any plans for making the sources available? Or maybe even standalone examples? This would be extremely valuable when evaluating NXP's BLE devices.....

Thanks,

Evgeny