cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple BLE App (pure baremetal)

dileep_d
Contributor II

Hi,

I am looking for the sample code of any BLE application without using the OS Abstraction layer(Pure bare metal code). Anyone can help me on it.

It is really required OSA for BLE app. I found that the BLE stack is also using OSA apis. If I modifying the current SDK then it is a huge effort for me. My application is just a BLE observer.

I am new to NXP, So please give me some guidance for the same.

Thanks in Advance

Dileep

Labels (4)
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dileep, I hope you're doing well!

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause, but a purely bare-metal implementation of a BLE Application is not possible, this is due to the deadlines for data transmission that the Bluetooth SIG state in their Core Specification. To comply with these task deadlines, some kind of RTOS is necessary, that's why the "baremetal" implementation of our examples use an OS Abstraction Layer.

We have some video trainings and tutorials on how to create BLE applications by using our SDKs, APIs and MCUs. These video trainings can be found in the following link.

There's also some documentation included with the SDK you choose to work with. For example, the KW36Z's SDK has some related documents, like the Bluetooth Low Energy Application Developer's Guide, in the following path:

<…\SDK_2.2.1_FRDM-KW36\docs\wireless\Bluetooth>

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

dileep_d
Contributor II

Thank you so much Sebastian for the clarity on BLE SDK. I will get back to you once I will go through the doc and tutorials

Thanks

Dileep. 

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dileep, 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos