cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement for ZSTAR3

Isouriadakis
Contributor I

Hi,
I am looking into a replacement for the ZSTAR 3. Currently, I am researching for a similar application like the one found in the document "Ultra-Low-Power Wireless Designs, For real-time communication". 

I am trying to choose the right MCU and Wireless communication protocol for the Sensor Nodes.
The Sensor Nodes will need to stream real-time accelerometer and gyroscope data with the lowest power consumption possible.

In addition, the Sensor Nodes will also include a UWB transceiver using TDoA protocol to locate the Sensor Nodes inside the Environment. I know that UWB can also send data within the packets, but the power consumption is much higher. Thus, I don't plan to send UWB pulses often.

Similar to the ZSTAR3 we want our network to have a similar topology. I am looking into extended Star topology. The UWB Anchors will include an 802.15.4 Transceiver for real-time communication with the Sensor nodes and will act as routers for the wireless network. All UWB Anchors will be connected to a local Server to receive the synchronization signal and stream the incoming data from the Sensor Nodes to the Server. Multiple Sensor Nodes will be connected to each UWB Anchor.

Sorry for the long message. I would like to know if you have any application notes in your mind that might be helpful. In addition, if you have any direction in terms of MCU and wireless protocol (Zigbee, BLE, Thread) which might suit this project I would more than happy to know.

Thanks in advance,
Ioannis

I will try to answer any questions you might have

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Currently most of the information regarding the UWB solutions is still under NDA , still  I believe that maybe you can find the following data helpful for you and your development.

First you can find all the UWB solutions in this link, there are some development kits available there that you can check as well under the Software and Tools tab on each of the parts.

You can check here a series of webinars that explains more information about the current UWB solutions, you might need to start sign in your NXP account. Please if you do not find here the information that you are looking for, let us know.

Regards,

Esrtephania

0 Kudos