Reboot will be caused immediately as soon as it received Socket Bind command for the TCP protocol + Stream socket type. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reboot will be caused immediately as soon as it received Socket Bind command for the TCP protocol + Stream socket type. 

Jump to solution
jasonchiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sir,

Does anybody has the fiollowing experience in Thread code with KW41 ?

We used router Eligible Device code loading into FRDM-KW41 and tried to create, bind and listen to the socket using TCP and UDP.  The KW41 will be reboot immediately as soon as it received Socket Bind command for the TCP protocol + Stream socket type.  If I used UDP protocol + datagram socket type, socket bind didn’t Return error but then we are  not able to listen to the socket – the command returned an error.

The log from Test Tools is attached for your reference.

Original Attachment has been moved to: Router-Log_CreateNetwork_and_SocketBind---INET6_STREAM_TCP_and_INET6_DATAGRAM_UDP.log.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can find attached Test Tool and Wireshark logs that demonstrate how to use UDP sockets on a Thread Host Controlled Device using SDK from MCUXpresso, Thread v1.1.1.15

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can find attached Test Tool and Wireshark logs that demonstrate how to use UDP sockets on a Thread Host Controlled Device using SDK from MCUXpresso, Thread v1.1.1.15

jasonchiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi JC and Estephania,

Thanks for help ! Customer issue is clarified.

0 Kudos
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Jason Chiang,

Thread only uses UDP. TCP is no longer supported, that function is probably a remains from legacy builds which is no longer supported and should be removed. 

Best Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos
flaminatakam
Contributor II

hello Estephania,

why does is TCP no longer supported? Is there any we can do to enable it?

0 Kudos
jasonchiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Estephania,

We just encountered some problems during UDP transfer test, with “router eligible deivce” sample code.   

The first problem I encountered is that if I put the aforementioned source code( It is the compiled “router eligible device” sample code, with “Thread use THCI” option enabled in config.h header file) into the server and the client and tried to send data from the client, the server said no data available.

The second problem is that if I recompiled the source code with “Thread with Shell” option on and loaded it into the client (the firmware

in the server was kept the same as previous case - “router eligible device” with “Thread with THCI” option on) , the server could receive

something but the data it received appeared completely something else.

Your feedback is appreciated.

0 Kudos
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sorry for the late response, could you please check this posts ? 

MKW41z NXP Thread stack socket decryption 

KW41Z Socket communication with PC 

Please, let me know if those work for you.

Best Regards, 

Estephania