cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9090 DK6 BLE discovery scan not showing up

Jump to solution
vipul_vishnoi
Contributor I

I recently purchased a QN9090-DK006 devkit and I am trying to run the wireless examples by following the guides on the product documentation. I am able to debug the proximity sensor application using MCUXpresso v11.3 but I cannot discover the device using NXP's IOT toolbox android app.

Initially, led D3, DS2 & DS3 are blinking; D4 & DS1 are solid.

After I press the USER INTERFACE button, D3 stays solid, DS3 turns off, and DS2 continues to blink but no devices found during scan.

If I press again, DS2 stays solid, no devices found. After this even if I hold or press the button again, nothing happens.

I tested with my Samsung S10 phone and Galaxy Tab Active 2 devices and both are not able to discover the device.

Is it possible I have a defective module? If so, tips on debugging it? Can I get a replacement module?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please help me with a picture of the jumper configuration on the device ? Also, by any chance did you modified something in the SW?

Also, could you please help me confirm that you have your localization services enabled in your device?

Which version of the IoT Toolbox are you using ?

Regards,

Estephania

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please help me with a picture of the jumper configuration on the device ? Also, by any chance did you modified something in the SW?

Also, could you please help me confirm that you have your localization services enabled in your device?

Which version of the IoT Toolbox are you using ?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos
vipul_vishnoi
Contributor I

Hi Estephania,

Your question about the localization nudged me in the right direction. The app did not request location permission, but turning on the location service seems to work now.

I am using IoT Toolbox version 5.1.3, release data 12-22-2020

Thank you,

Vipul