QN9080 firmware upgrade using SD card

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9080 firmware upgrade using SD card

rushabh880
Contributor I

Is there any way to upgrade the firmware using just standalone SD card for QN9080 chip?

Labels (1)
  • QN

0 Kudos
6 Replies

rushabh880
Contributor I

Yes, That is correct, after that, I don't care about the previous application, Basically, my requirement is if I release the new firmware using SD card they should be able to update the new firmware.

0 Kudos

Alexandru-Lilia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Let me check if I understand what you want to accomplish. You have a QN9080 running with an application and you want to flash another application on it? And that other application would be taken from an SD card?

Regards,

Lilian

0 Kudos

rushabh880
Contributor I

Thank you so much that makes sense to me, I just wanted to know I have to

write my own bootloader or is there any way to use the bootloader from ROM

given on QN9080. I got the answer.

Thank you!

Rushabh Shah

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 7:12 AM Alexandru-LilianNatarau <

0 Kudos

Alexandru-Lilia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No problem, glad I could help.

Have a good one!

Lilian

0 Kudos

rushabh880
Contributor I

Yes, That is correct, after that, I don't care about the previous application, Basically, my requirement is if I release the new firmware we are going to put into SD card and the user  should be able to load the new firmware from SD card.

0 Kudos

Alexandru-Lilia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don't understand exactly how you want to pass the SD card.

You can flash a new application on the board by drag'n'drop, so you can send the user the binary directly.

Also, if you want to update locally, you can update an application over the air. Take a look at the BLE Demo Applications User's Guide.pdf documentation file, section 5.19 (Over the air programming).

Regarding the SD card, if you want to update an application directly from a it, you should get a SD card module and also you need to create a bootloader which knows how to update directly from it.

Regards,

Lilian

0 Kudos