cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9080-DK SD CARD IMPLEMANTATION

c_mourouzis
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone has a working example of storing data in an SD Card using a QN9080-DK. The SD card module that I have is an Adafruit MicroSD Breakout Board.

My use case is:

• Gather some ADC data every approx. 15ms
  • Store them in a file in an external storage (total size data is approx. 13-15Mbs)
  • Retrieve them and send them via Bluetooth to a mobile application

I found the following tutorials but I haven't managed to make them work with the QN9080-DK:

1. https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/07/09/fatfs-with-adafruit-microsd-breakout-board-and-nxp-frdm-kl25z/ 
  2. https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/07/30/fatfs-with-kinetis/ 

What I have also tried is:

1. Tried all SDK's SPI examples in driver_examples/spi to communicate with the SD Card. 
  2. Tried to communicate via SPI with an Arduino MKR Zero that has a built-in SD Card module.

I followed the examples, the wiring is correct but there is no communication (in the case of Arduino (driver_examples/spi/interrupt_b2b_transfer)  I don't even get any message).

The only thing that I've managed to implement is a communication via I2C (following driver_examples/i2c/interrupt_transfer with the Arduino MKR Zero but for some reason some data are lost (maybe due to speed as the Arduino has to retrieve data from the QN9080-DK via I2C and store them via SPI on its SD card module every 15ms).

Note: I can't use UART because I am already using them for communicating with other devices.

So, to summarize:

1. Has anyone implemented an SD card implementation with the QN9080-DK?
  2. Are there any other options/suggestions?
  3. If no other options are available, has anyone successfully communicated with other boards via SPI or I2C?

Thank you very much

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I would recommend you to check the available examples of SPI or I2C communication? do you have some frames examples of how are you sending the data through SPI with an oscilloscope or a logic analyzer that you can share?

How are you configuring the pinout  of the QN9080 ?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

c_mourouzis
Contributor I

Hi,

Sorry I don't have an oscilloscope or a logic analyzer. What I have done is:

SPI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tested SPI example with an Arduino UNO in driver_examples/spi/interrupt_b2b_transfer/master. The pins are:

QN9080-DK                             ARDUINO UNO

-------------------------                  -------------------------

MISO PA05            ---------->   MISO D12
MOSI PA04            ---------->   MOSI D11    
SCK PA30              ---------->   SCK D13
SSEL PA03            ---------->   SS D10 

The Arduino UNO acts as a slave but does not receive anything!

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It is hard to debug your issue without information , but we can try, are you sure that those two boards are working at the same frequency ?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos