QN9020. Any documentation on the bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9020. Any documentation on the bootloader

tonymakkiel
Contributor III

Is there any documentation, I can refer to which details how the bootloader works, please? As per "UM10995 " section 4, there are 3 major operation. I am after details on how the update over SWD works. As per the Keil configuration the image is flashed to the System SRAM. How/What triggers the bootloader to load the application onto the Flash?

Section 4 says the bootlader looks for a connection for UART and SPI. What is the connection timeout for the bootloader? Section 4 points to 5.4.3. But that section appears to be missing. in the document. Does it mean CMD COde 0x33? How does this work when using JLINK SWD?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

tonymakkiel
Contributor III

As per the JLlink Configuration the address of flash is 0x10000000, which as per the "UM10995" is start of SRAM.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tony,

The QN9020 bootloader is located in ROM as de document mentions, the bootloader has to modes, ISP and Load mode. When the QN902x is powered on or reset, the bootloader is activated firstly. It looks for a connection command from UART and SPI interface for a while to determine which mode to go.

How/What triggers the bootloader to load the application onto the Flash?

If the Bootloader doesn't find out the ISP command response from UART or SPI interface, it will copy the application to RAM

Does it mean CMD COde 0x33?

Build a connection with bootloader the command that uses the ISP Studio.

How does this work when using JLINK SWD?

The JLink is not using the ISP Commands, the QN9020 has a Cortex, the JLink, controls all the CPU registers and knows the address to program the Flash, without the Bootloader.

Regards,

Mario

xiaozhukuaipao
Contributor I
Why the address of flash is 0x10000000 in flash download configure page in Kiel?
0 Kudos

tonymakkiel
Contributor III

Thank you Mario

0 Kudos