cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedures for correctly using install code derived key in ZigBee 3.0

mingqianhan
Contributor I

Hi,

Currently working with JN-SW-4170 ZigBee 3.0 stack, and would like for any instructions on using install code derived key security mode.

Current security mode in JN-AN-1216 and JN-AN-1218 is to use TC preconfigured key. If I am to use install code derived key for commissioning, what are the modifications required?

Thanks for help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lutz_hoffmann
Contributor I

Dear Mario,

Currently I am facing the same challenge as described by Mingqian:
I am also working with the JN-AN-1216 Control Bridge and want to try using install Codes for securing the Transport of the network Key.
To do some first tests I have some ZigBee 3.0 devices that support Install Codes. Using the NXP Test Tool 12 (ZGWUI) I see the possibility to enter Install Code and a Target Address. If I do so, I get an Out of Band Commissioning Data Response (0x8029) as Response like discribed in the JN-AN-1216 Document.
So my question is: What are the next Steps. Are there any examples for this feature of the ZGWUI?

Best Regards,

Lutz

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lutz,

I will depend on your application. The install code is using a different Link Key for this specific device. Please look at the next document in the JN-AN-1217.

"C:\NXP\bstudio_nxp\workspace\JN-AN-1217-Zigbee-3-0-Base-Device\Doc\JN-AN-1217-Zigbee-3-0-Base-Device.pdf"

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mingqian,

The information about this thread is handled internally.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos